PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

ChappyEight is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Move "My Documents" to Storage Card

(Also posted at TreoCentral.com in case you think you've seen this before)

I did a search but turned up nothing on this topic... maybe I'm just bad at searching.

Anyway, I finally got an 8GB Kingston storage card for my Pro and I have uninstalled and reinstalled most of my Apps to the card for obvious space reasons.

I am curious as to how I could move the "My Documents" folder to the storage card. If anything I would like to move the images to the card because they tend to take up a decent amount of space.

I changed the camera settings to record pictures to the card but it adds a \DCIM\ folder and puts the picture in there. I would like it to go into a "My Pictures" folder that I created on the card.

I found the following registry key but it didn't seem to have an effect when I changed the External location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\Pict ureLocation

The standard "External" value was \DCIM\. I changed this to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures but as I said, it didn't work.

I'd like to also do this for videos.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:07 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Move "My Documents" to Storage Card

There is an option for that in Advance Config 3.3, but I have not tried it out.

http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...tion-tool.html

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
Anyway, I finally got an 8GB Kingston storage card for my Pro and I have uninstalled and reinstalled most of my Apps to the card for obvious space reasons.

I am curious as to how I could move the "My Documents" folder to the storage card. If anything I would like to move the images to the card because they tend to take up a decent amount of space.
obvious??? there's plenty of space on sprints TP.

it's not recommended to have frequently accessed data on the storage card, basically meaning ringers, wallpaper/icon sets, and programs that often run in the background. (small apps like the various noise maker apps are fine)

Quote:
I changed the camera settings to record pictures to the card but it adds a \DCIM\ folder and puts the picture in there. I would like it to go into a "My Pictures" folder that I created on the card.
I recently saw someone find a way get this to work, so keep looking (I don't have it handy)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ChappyEight is a n00b

Thanks for the quick replies. After thinking about it, I don't really care if the entire "My Documents" folder is on the storage card. I mostly just care about Videos and Pictures. The beauty of it is that Google is my friend and it directed me to a different forum in PPCGeeks.

I found the following:
Quote:
not sure if this would help u guys but here is how to get rid of the DCIM folder and have pictures stored to your storage card under \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures:

If you haven't already selected the storage card to save pictures and videos to, then follow this step first, otherwise go to the next step.

1. Open up the camera, and press on the 3 bars on the lower right. That should open up the options. The last option will let you pick either main memory, storage card, and bluetooth. hChoose Storage Card and it ok to save. Pictures seemed to be save under \storage card\dcim\100media.

2. To change the path of the saved pictures and video to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures, edit the registry:
HKLM\software\htc\camera\General
- change EnableDCIM from 1 to 0.

Now your pictures will be stored in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures
This worked perfectly. All I had to do was change the camera to save to the storage card (which is in the camera options when the camera is open). I created a "My Documents" folder and added sub-folders of "My Pictures" and "My Videos". Now the camera automatically saves to these locations on the storage card when I have the storage card option selected in camera settings.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro