PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Lurker

big_worm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help please with Treo Pro questions

I just upgraded with alltel and got a touch pro. I took it back two days later because of the battery life. I am a moderate data user and want a phone that will at least take me through the day. My Blackberry Curve that I have right now has spoiled me with the battery Now im looking at the Treo Pro and just have a few concerns. How good does the battery hold up (i have seen conflicting things), is there any way to remove all the bloatware and free up that very very small amount of memory on the phone? I dont want to have memory issues. Third...i really liked the way that opera mobile worked on the touch pro....if i download that for the treo will it work the same? I liked the zoom in on the double tap. Any answers to any of the above would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post lol.

Big Worm
Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

big_worm is a n00b
Re: Help please with Treo Pro questions

Noone has anything good or bad to say? I'm looking at ordering this beast on Sun.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_worm View Post
Noone has anything good or bad to say? I'm looking at ordering this beast on Sun.
Hey worm...

This forum tends to be a little slow from time to time. I can't really help you with the Alltel version, but on Sprint you are able to remove several of the pre-installed applications. The only issue I have found at this point (and not really an issue) is that YouTube is integrated into the Kinoma Free Player. The only disadvantage is you are limited to 10 search results. But, the video is very crisp, and quick to load. So, it has it's advantages.

The great people on here are constantly coming up with different programs to use as well. I have HTC Home installed, along with Ultimate Launch which makes for a great home screen.

Battery life on the Treo Pro (again, Sprint) is tremendous. I was also using the Touch Pro, and if comparing the battery between the two it's night and day. I generally get a day and a half from my Treo. That's with several text messages throughout the day (in excess of 50), phone calls that amount to 1 1/2 to 2 hours of talk time, and light web surfing (usually with Windows Live Search to find something to eat wherever I may be).

I can't help you with Opera either. I use Skyfire and IE. Skyfire does everything I need it to do. In my opinion it's better than Opera.

This is by far the best WinMo phone I've owned.

Hope this helps...

By request, I have added a "donations" link. If you like my work please donate! It's not expected, but it is appreciated!

or, simply hit "Thanks"

Last edited by temperamentalman; 05-02-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

big_worm is a n00b

Thanks for the help....I am pretty sure that I am going to call tomorrow and order me one!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: sprint

bogka is a n00b

hey man

I saw opera on my wife's Touch Pro and knew i had to get it for my treo pro. It works very very well in comparison to the Crappy IE. good luck.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Ill really enjoy the performance of my palm pro...Two reasons why I got it...Its a windows mobile phone...2. Htc played a role production...Battery life is great...Ive loaded full of good software maybe move than enough...Ive not removed any pre-install program...not one crash...lol
Old 05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epix
Carrier: AT&T

ianderson_76 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ianderson_76 Send a message via Yahoo to ianderson_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_worm View Post
I just upgraded with alltel and got a touch pro. I took it back two days later because of the battery life. I am a moderate data user and want a phone that will at least take me through the day. My Blackberry Curve that I have right now has spoiled me with the battery Now im looking at the Treo Pro and just have a few concerns. How good does the battery hold up (i have seen conflicting things), is there any way to remove all the bloatware and free up that very very small amount of memory on the phone? I dont want to have memory issues. Third...i really liked the way that opera mobile worked on the touch pro....if i download that for the treo will it work the same? I liked the zoom in on the double tap. Any answers to any of the above would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post lol.

Big Worm

I use one at work for calling customer etc. (Sprint version). Unless you can get a new ROM, you may be stuck with the software. The Sprint version really has a lot of free memory with the unneeded software. The Opera, is the same on all WinMo touch screen phones, pretty much. All in all, this is the only phone with a Palm stamp on it, that I would own. It is really not that bad, once you get the .cab files for the small tweaks; like the ringing problem, etc.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Ill really enjoy the performance of my palm pro...Two reasons why I got it...Its a windows mobile phone...2. Htc played a role production...Battery life is great...Ive loaded full of good software maybe move than enough...Ive not removed any pre-install program...not one crash...lol
i did the same thing coming from the diamond to this lil beast, not a crash yet, comparing to my diamond that has past thru 10 stroke, 5 pneumonia, and 3 flu....

very solid phone, it feel good on your hand, battery is way better than the diamond, and you didnt have to do anything out of the box to get working...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro