PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

static110 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone here made transition from Touch Pro to Treo Pro?

I also switched from the Touch Pro to the treo Pro..I always like my treo 650, 700 and 800w, and the poor power of the touch pro is a bzz kill, but the Treo Pro I am very happy with, most everything is nice, the asthetics, etc, and it lasts all day and I love the form factor.....I Like windows mobile and all, but Treo (PALM) make the most user friendly phones...lol...JMO
Old 04-25-2009, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

I just made the same switch. The Windows button, the OK button, and the 4-way dial make one handed use so much easier. I also like having the keyboard already out in the open (It just was inconvenient to turn and slide out the keyboard and wait for the the screen to rotate) I never got used to any of the on screen keyboards. The lower screen resolution is my biggest complaint. I am using RealVGA but I really wish that it had the same crisp resolution as the Touch Pro. What would it really of cost to put 640x640 pixels instead of 320x320?
But, all in all, very happy with this phone.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609 View Post
I ordered one from ebay but am waiting to receive it. I wanted to get the treo pro to use as my back up phone. I'm curious to know what version treo pro's you guys have. 1.03 STP or 1.04 STP. Also to the other poster thats a rare combination a blackberry and a treo lol. Most people who own blackberry's despise treo's and vice versa. I am thinking of investing in a blackberry too but it would have to be the bold or 9630 niagra coming out in september. Not to keen on that trackball thingy though seems real annoying after playing with it on friend's phones.
1.04. The only spacebar issue I have is that I tend to hit it twice. But, the keyboard is a little cramped, especially coming from the Touch Pro.

By request, I have added a "donations" link. If you like my work please donate! It's not expected, but it is appreciated!

or, simply hit "Thanks"
Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

+1 for the "upgrade."
I started to see more and more issues with my touch pro, so i got a treo pro off ebay (1.03) at my earliest convenience.

It's not as sexy with the screen, and it has less ram, but it is -much- more functional, and very snappy. I like mobile shell 2, but with the hard keys, i barely need it.

hell, if my samsung ace had enough horsepower and ram, i would have kept that.

i'm a little worried about the keyboard area, cuz the plastic faceplate seems like it could eventually work itself loose.

overall, very happy with the switch.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

biseroner is a n00b

I switched from the Touch Pro to Treo Pro and havent looked back. Even though the screen resolution is low but I dont have any complaints. Phone reacts faster and feels just right. Maybe the Pre will be perfect.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

mikecism is just getting started

I made the switch too. (although I keep the Touch Pro for backup).

Form factor, battery life, "snappiness", one handed use, 3.5mm jack - all big wins on the Treo Pro.

Sometimes I miss the bigger screen/resolution of the Touch Pro. However, I need a phone/pda first, PMP second. I miss the cooked ROMs and some of the HTC apps, but that is more a bonus and not a deal-breaker.

The only con, to me, is the lower memory, but only because I got spoiled with 100MB+ on the Touch Pro cooked ROMs and run a tons of apps at once. Once in a long while, I will hit a memory issue, usually using a 3rd party browser while I have a bunch of stuff open. But it doesn't crash, so it's fine.

I am happy with the move. It's much more "productivity" oriented - I'm a lot faster using it.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

After playing with a Treo Pro....its just so damn sexy..... I like the fact I can use it with one hand and still get the full keyboard.

The killer for me is the keyboard though, I don't have the biggest hands but the keys are just too small and close together. The 800w keyboard is perfect, if the pre has a bigger keyboard I might switch to that, as its super sexy and all.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
sjjones

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

had from the Touch pro went to the treo pro so much easier for me to use, my main phone is a BB Curve prefer the keyboard on the treo
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my friend has the palm pro, i played with it a little... not a bad phone, but i dont think i can change from my TP to that.... im trying to get her to get a pro herself.... lets see what happens... lol

Old 05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I have had a Treo 800w and a Blackberry 8830 at the same time....Treo was the better toy, but blackberry was the better phone.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro