PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jblat1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's Treo Pro Tethering/Use as modem

Great, thanks again!

For what it's worth, my pc doesn't have bluetooth capability- therefore, I'm always connected via USB. In the event there's any other way to allow the phone to work "faster", I'm open to try any suggestions.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblat1 View Post
In the event there's any other way to allow the phone to work "faster", I'm open to try any suggestions.
not that i know of
Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro (Sprint)

onefasttreopro is a n00b

i've been using icon's 6.5 ROM from 5/15 on my treo pro since it came out and the ability to tether your phone has been "cooked" into the rom, no need to modify anything at all. using the usb cable to your computer is going to be the fastest and most direct connection. i average 80kb-200kb/sec in decent coverage area during the evening. using the bluetooth and wifirouter method will heat up the phone pretty quickly in turn killing battery life and just cause unnecessary wear on the internals of the phone. hope that helps.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jblat1 is a n00b

Good deal. It's more than bearable at the current speed, but being a "little greedy" for that boost, never hurts.

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

can anyone give me a pointer? im ripping my hair out on this because i had it working then i redid my phones and i dont remember what i did.

ok, so on my palm treo pro, im using raiderom. whatever. im trying to get ICS working over bluetooth. before when i had this setup, i would just enable ICS on the phone, then go to my laptop and right click on the phone icon in bluetooth settings. from the dropdown, i selected "direct connect" and bam, it worked great.

however, now when i try to enable ics on the phone, the "connect" button is greyed out, and if i go to the computer side i see that "direct connect" is replaced with "access point"

so what the heck did i do wrong? i did install the ICSenable.cab file, rebooted the phone, and installed it again. i enabled an incoming com port on the pc, then i established a bluetooth connection on the phone. it connects great, but ics on the phone is still greyed out and the pc still shows "access point" instead of "direct connection"

best i can think of is when it paired via bluetooth, it didnt install something right. the services i see are "activesync bluetooth" and "DUN". i know the serial usb com port is installed too, but its not in the services list on the phone or the pc.

also, DUN over bluetooth works fine. i just dont like using it. the direct connect with ics worked faster. by the way, the usb port on this phone is ripped completely out, so usb connection is not possible anymore.

Last edited by resinis; 03-11-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree View Post
Yes, "phone as modem" is a add on that you can get for like 30 bucks or so, I dont remember what the charge is, you need this on top of the power vision you already have. While using your power vision data that you pay 15 or less depending on what deal you got from sprint you can hack or use wmwifirouter to log in into the internet with out getting the "phone as modem" add on. In other words, using the hack or wmwifirouter goes around paying for the added on feature.
You don't need the phone as modem add on to tether. You can buy pdanet or usbmodem and they work just fine. You don't need to pay any extra monthly fees to tether your phone. Especially on sero. My mom has sero and has the treo pro with pdanet and uses it all the time.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 03-11-2011, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
You don't need the phone as modem add on to tether. You can buy pdanet or usbmodem and they work just fine. You don't need to pay any extra monthly fees to tether your phone. Especially on sero. My mom has sero and has the treo pro with pdanet and uses it all the time.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Stealth Guards

you dont even need those programs. at least in my area on my account (no pam addon), i can simply hook up to windows mobile device center, the phone installs a modem driver on the pc, then i create a DUN connection on the computer with the #777 as the phone number. works like a charm. has for years and ive never been charged extra. i use around 2gb a month.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro