PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: U300
Carrier: Sprint

berdinkerdickle is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Ebay Sprint Treo Pro's may be Flagged!

If possible, ask the Ebay seller for the SN before buying.
Call Palm to make sure it isn't Flagged for No Warranty Support.

I'm not as concerned as to why Palm didn't want them released.
There may be nothing wrong with the functionality of the device.

I'm more concerned that we make others aware that the 1.03 may be denied warranty support based on the SN.

We're getting reports that the SN's are Flagged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
Thats what I am doing now, as I type. They told me at first to swap it out with the retailer. I told palm the retailer is saying palm has not recalled any phones, and I told the lady I could not find a recall on their website either. I told her now I am stuck with a phone I bought from a store, brand new and sealed in a box, that palm and sprint are telling me is bad, but there is no recall and the store wont take it back.

Now I am on hold.

Edit: After being on hold for about 5-6 minutes, the lady came back on the phone. She said the serial number is flagged in their system as a 0 day warranty. She tried to tell me this meant the phone was a used phone. I told her the box was sealed, and when I turned on the device it installed the operating system/software etc. I than told her I thought Palm had a warranty anyway, so even if this was a "used" device it wouldn't matter. She told me they can't do anything more without a new device and a new serial number. I asked her to email me a copy of the "recall" so I can get a new phone, and she told me the best she could do was give me a customer support claim number that I can give to the retailer, so the retailer cannot deny the problem and swap it out with a new device.

No wonder Palm is going out of business. They sell phones to whoever, have a problem, and won't do anything about the ones that got sold before they asked for them back. By the way, she did say these phones are flagged by SERIAL NUMBER in their system, so even if you had to claim warranty at sprint or w/e, you won't be able to get it repaired/new one etc. since the serial number is printed on the back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
I thought I would add my quick note into this. I was also one of the ones that bought a 1.03 phone from ebay. I went to the store and they said that it wouldn't really be supported and they couldn't do anything with it as they don't have a upgrade for it. They don't have the standard ROM either so that was a bust. They said I should call Palm and see what they say. When I called Palm and gave them the serial number from my phone, they had it flagged for no technical support. They said that for me to get Tech support I have to fax them a proof of purchase so they could try to track down the seller of the phones for this problem. So that right there tells you something is wrong with this whole thing.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Ebay Sprint Treo Pro's may be Flagged!

wow i have a brand new treo pro i bought off of ebay that i havnt turned on or activated because i still havnt decided to keep it or sell it. now im scared 2 look after reading this
Old 04-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker

kewldood is a n00b

The problem with the 1.03 software, from what I can gather, is that it has many conflicts and crashes every other minute. Regardless, if you have that Sprint insurance they should cover any work inside of their service centers. Then again, my phone was a 1.04 phone and was new in the packaging.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewldood View Post
The problem with the 1.03 software, from what I can gather, is that it has many conflicts and crashes every other minute. Regardless, if you have that Sprint insurance they should cover any work inside of their service centers. Then again, my phone was a 1.04 phone and was new in the packaging.
I'd be curious where you gathered this from, as my 1.03 treo pro so far has been working fine for me, and i don't miss my touch pro.

But I'm just one guy.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

ChappyEight is a n00b

Same here Phreddo. I have 1.03 and haven't yet run into any issues.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

sp850 is a n00b

No problems on my 1.03 Treo Pro either.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Lurker

kewldood is a n00b

I read it on another forum. I forget where actually. I have spent the past five days trying to learn as much about the phone as possible. If I can find the link I'll update it. It had something to do about program compatibility.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
I'd be curious where you gathered this from, as my 1.03 treo pro so far has been working fine for me, and i don't miss my touch pro.

But I'm just one guy.
Why not? Can you share you Treo Pro Pros and Cons (especially compared to the Touch Pro)?

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

I like the hard keys on the face and sides.
I like the 1-piece construction, especially when shopping for a case.
I like the dedicated 3.5 mm headphone jack
I like the reflective display, or whatever that is that shows up well in sunlight.
I miss the high-res display, but I appreciate the resultant gain in performance.
I think the ram is on the low side, but so far it's handling it quite well.
And the battery life seems much better as well.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman

Battery life on the Treo is FAR SUPERIOR to the Touch Pro. Had the Touch, now the Treo. Very impressed with it so far.

P.S. And it has IR port.

By request, I have added a "donations" link. If you like my work please donate! It's not expected, but it is appreciated!

or, simply hit "Thanks"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro