PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question recalled ebay treo pro?

I just got a treo pro off ebay.

I stumbled across a thread about recalled treos having a software version of 1.03 whereas the retail release is supposed to be 1.04.

Supposedly 1.03 are the ones that were shipped then recalled, but apparently many made it into the public anyhow.

Based on some threads I've read, it may be that this phone will be considered "unsupported" for warranty and maintenence issues. I hope I don't have to find out.

I have also heard rumor of a possible firmware update to bring them all up to the 1.04 version.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Or did I just get stuck with an unservicable phone?

For the record, it seems to work fine, the ESN is clean, and it's worked great as far as I can tell. I just stumbled upon the topic while hunting for various tweaks and programs.

Here's the source link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...d-release.html

Also, I have sent the seller a message about this. I may take it to paypal if I get no response, as he did advertise it as New In Box, with no mention of any recall status.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: recalled ebay treo pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
I just got a treo pro off ebay.

I stumbled across a thread about recalled treos having a software version of 1.03 whereas the retail release is supposed to be 1.04.

Supposedly 1.03 are the ones that were shipped then recalled, but apparently many made it into the public anyhow.

Based on some threads I've read, it may be that this phone will be considered "unsupported" for warranty and maintenence issues. I hope I don't have to find out.

I have also heard rumor of a possible firmware update to bring them all up to the 1.04 version.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Or did I just get stuck with an unservicable phone?

For the record, it seems to work fine, the ESN is clean, and it's worked great as far as I can tell. I just stumbled upon the topic while hunting for various tweaks and programs.

Here's the source link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...d-release.html

Also, I have sent the seller a message about this. I may take it to paypal if I get no response, as he did advertise it as New In Box, with no mention of any recall status.

I have not heard much about that, just basically that 1.03 is older firmare version.
ABout the seller, it is possible he did not know. It could still be new in the box if some of the 1.03 version did make it to the public. That would be a hard one dispute.......
Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

My Treo Pro has the 1.03 software and i have compared mine to the 1.04 software and cannot find a difference. mine runs perfectly. they r supposed to come out with a firmware update for it, but i have yet to find it, and prolly wont bother loading it unless i find news that it makes a dramatic change in something. having the 1.03 wont affect your warranty and definately wont make a difference if you have the TEP.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Here's one post I found about the service from the link I posted. Dunno if this is true or anything. I figure if ever I have an issue, I'll just keep quiet about the software version :/

"I thought I would add my quick note into this. I was also one of the ones that bought a 1.03 phone from ebay. I went to the store and they said that it wouldn't really be supported and they couldn't do anything with it as they don't have a upgrade for it. They don't have the standard ROM either so that was a bust. They said I should call Palm and see what they say. When I called Palm and gave them the serial number from my phone, they had it flagged for no technical support. They said that for me to get Tech support I have to fax them a proof of purchase so they could try to track down the seller of the phones for this problem. So that right there tells you something is wrong with this whole thing. "
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker

all4sho350 is a n00b

1.03 were prelaunch units..only sprint employees who were advocates or beta testers had these. so im guessing those units that are 1.03 were just "extra" i dont why they just didnt update to 1.04(actual launch units from launch date and still to this date) i just updated mine from 1.03 to 1.04..i dont know who has access to the rom update except for the technicians..but i dont see any differences and dont know what the updated rom has in it. <---sprint employee who was the advocate
Old 04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0

You should post the update so we can get some custom ROM action rolling
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4sho350 View Post
1.03 were prelaunch units..only sprint employees who were advocates or beta testers had these.
Actually, Best Buy had them too. I bought one from them and used it for 30 days and it was 1.03.

Sprint then halted shipments and pushed back the date. Later they had those in-store units sent back to be reflashed to 1.04.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

as long as it's the same physical device, i'm not too concerned.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
N00b

gordec is just getting started

I'm using ebay 1.03. It's running perfectly. I come from Touch Pro. The Treo Pro is snappy, sexy, and long lasting (battery life that is).
Old 04-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I too came from a touch pro, and even with less RAM the treo really hits a sweet spot for me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro