PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Custom roms? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61986)

nitty917 03-22-2009 02:25 AM

Custom roms?

Wonder if we will see any custom cooking? Would be real nice!

chong67 03-24-2009 10:14 PM

Re: Custom roms?

This is not HTC phone. Otherwise it would be nice. Palm clam down to make cook ROM harder to do. But this is a HTC design phone.

nitty917 03-24-2009 11:52 PM

they are actually working on an unlocker now...

budney 03-25-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitty917 (Post 797022)
they are actually working on an unlocker now...

links???

dannzeman 03-27-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 796712)
This is not HTC phone. Otherwise it would be nice. Palm clam down to make cook ROM harder to do. But this is a HTC design phone.

It was designed and made by HTC so it will be a lot easier to get a custom rom than the 800w, which Palm locked down like Fort Knox.

skeegcpp 05-24-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannzeman (Post 803416)
It was designed and made by HTC so it will be a lot easier to get a custom rom than the 800w, which Palm locked down like Fort Knox.

lol..and that they definey did...whats good Dannz??

shailigum 05-24-2009 04:48 PM

Can we stop coming up with new threads in regards to unlockers and custom rom cooking?
There are NO custom roms out yet and there won't be anytime soon.
There is NO concrete info on any unlocker in a progressive stage of development.
READ the threads before you post a new one because all this has been covered a million times over already.
When there is an unlocker, you'll see threads entitled HARD-SPL/TREO PRO UNLOCKER/BLAH BLAH BLAH

Until then, stop asking and stop speculating cause it is not here yet.

veedubguru 05-25-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 796712)

Yeah, it is. It's the first Palm device that HTC has built. It's using the exact same processor as the HTC Touch Pro, MSM7501A I believe. It has an HTC bootloader as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shailigum (Post 932766)
Can we stop coming up with new threads in regards to unlockers and custom rom cooking?
There are NO custom roms out yet and there won't be anytime soon.
There is NO concrete info on any unlocker in a progressive stage of development.
READ the threads before you post a new one because all this has been covered a million times over already.
When there is an unlocker, you'll see threads entitled HARD-SPL/TREO PRO UNLOCKER/BLAH BLAH BLAH

Until then, stop asking and stop speculating cause it is not here yet.

Agreed. This topic has been overposted. There are a couple developers that have Treo Pro's on thier hands, and are currently (from what I understad) working toward a Hard SPL, however I don't believe it's high priority. Most Windows Mobile users already know that if you want to be able to crack your device open and customize, buy an HTC BRANDED device. It shouldn't be anywhere near as difficult or impossible as other Palm models since it's HTC built and programmed. Hard SPL should be possible, but believe me, the first developer to come up with it will post it as soon as they are fairly confident that it won't screw up any devices.

Keep watching page #1 of the Treo Pro forum and when or if it comes, you'll see it.

khalaan 05-25-2009 11:39 PM

veedubguru: This is actually not the first Palm device that was outsourced to HTC. The Palm Treo 750 was as well. I don't mean for this to sound like any sort of flame but you should confirm your information before you matter-of-factly abuse other users, such as yourself, that didn't bother to read before posting.

info[]box1 05-26-2009 01:37 AM

the treo pro is one latest wm 6.1 device and one of two of last...awesome device by the way...truth of matter is a new season of wm 6.5 devices are on verge of an official release in the U.S... device users just dont what to be left off in the cold when it come down to cook roms...it wouldnt be the end of the world if high quality chefs over looked us...and then it might feel like for a few weeks..!0!

back on track i would say lets keep the posts concerning custom roms confided to one or two threads... it okay to posted at least the hopes and wishes combined with alittle imagination...you never know we might give mightymike or any of the other chefs hanging around an epiphany...you know..? something we never seen before...

for whatever it worth...just my thoughts...info[]box1