PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Force roaming (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61603)

bbossman1 03-18-2009 06:39 PM

Force roaming

1 Attachment(s)
This cab works on the Treo Pro to add the option to "roam only" like the 800w has. If you're like me and have a weak signal at work, this will help save your battery from the phone "hunting" back and forth from Sprint to roaming for 8 hours..

This was written for the Touch Pro but works on the Treo Pro as well. Install the cab, wait a minute then reset. Go to Settings/Phone/Service/Roaming/Get Settings and make your selection.

humanaevitae 07-18-2009 07:06 PM

Re: Force roaming

Excellent I can not thank you enough.
TP

silkymilky1 07-19-2009 01:10 AM

wonderful!!! yess thank u soo much

siskiyou 11-20-2009 12:21 PM

Wow! This makes my Treo Pro function just like the 755P on Sprint. I live in a rural area with just 1 bar of Sprint service and 4 bars of Verison and now I can actualy get service. Highly recomended! Thanks.

zacholley 01-04-2010 09:00 PM

how do you get your phone to roam evdo for data mine just says 1x..... i know we have evdo here beacuse my verizon phone has full service.... any idea??

skeegcpp 01-04-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacholley (Post 1460874)
how do you get your phone to roam evdo for data mine just says 1x..... i know we have evdo here beacuse my verizon phone has full service.... any idea??

does it always say 1x?? cuz mines does tghat if the data usage has been dormant for a while. but if does stay on...check ur roaming settings..
sorry if that seems real basic, but iDunno what u've checked so far.

budney 01-05-2010 11:48 AM

EVDO roaming is determined by the carriers roaming agreements. So more then likely Sprint and Verizon agreed that Sprint customers would not have EVDO access in that area. I have never seen EVDO while either forcing roaming or roaming on any of my phones here in the southwest. :(

zacholley 01-05-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 1460902)
does it always say 1x?? cuz mines does tghat if the data usage has been dormant for a while. but if does stay on...check ur roaming settings..
sorry if that seems real basic, but iDunno what u've checked so far.

ya it stays on 1x and the net is slow as crap haha, i sure wish it had evdo roaming you would think it would because us cellular, verizon and all of them are here in my market how can i find out if sprint should roam 3g here in oklahoma city, ok?

skeegcpp 01-05-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacholley (Post 1462305)
ya it stays on 1x and the net is slow as crap haha, i sure wish it had evdo roaming you would think it would because us cellular, verizon and all of them are here in my market how can i find out if sprint should roam 3g here in oklahoma city, ok?

im sure they have EV coverage in OKC. and surrounding areas. if a hard reset didnt fix it, and adjusting the roaming settings didnt either, u mite have to go to a repair ctr(but thats a LAST resort, sumtimes they make the situation worse)

zacholley 01-05-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 1462582)
im sure they have EV coverage in OKC. and surrounding areas. if a hard reset didnt fix it, and adjusting the roaming settings didnt either, u mite have to go to a repair ctr(but thats a LAST resort, sumtimes they make the situation worse)

yes every carrier has 3g here in okc, i'm just saying on my sprint phone on the sprint network I cannot get a good enough signal to use data in my house, when i force the palm pro to roam on verizon well my 1x signal is full service and i can use data but its just so slow i was wondering if thats the normal or if sprint should have roaming 3g capability ????