PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro and Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bbossman1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Force roaming

This cab works on the Treo Pro to add the option to "roam only" like the 800w has. If you're like me and have a weak signal at work, this will help save your battery from the phone "hunting" back and forth from Sprint to roaming for 8 hours..

This was written for the Touch Pro but works on the Treo Pro as well. Install the cab, wait a minute then reset. Go to Settings/Phone/Service/Roaming/Get Settings and make your selection.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ForceRoaming.cab (1.2 KB, 606 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Lurker

humanaevitae is a n00b
Re: Force roaming

Excellent I can not thank you enough.
TP
Old 07-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Carrier: sprint

silkymilky1 is a n00b

wonderful!!! yess thank u soo much
Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

siskiyou is a n00b
Smile Re: Force roaming

Wow! This makes my Treo Pro function just like the 755P on Sprint. I live in a rural area with just 1 bar of Sprint service and 4 bars of Verison and now I can actualy get service. Highly recomended! Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pro

zacholley is a n00b

how do you get your phone to roam evdo for data mine just says 1x..... i know we have evdo here beacuse my verizon phone has full service.... any idea??
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacholley View Post
how do you get your phone to roam evdo for data mine just says 1x..... i know we have evdo here beacuse my verizon phone has full service.... any idea??
does it always say 1x?? cuz mines does tghat if the data usage has been dormant for a while. but if does stay on...check ur roaming settings..
sorry if that seems real basic, but iDunno what u've checked so far.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

EVDO roaming is determined by the carriers roaming agreements. So more then likely Sprint and Verizon agreed that Sprint customers would not have EVDO access in that area. I have never seen EVDO while either forcing roaming or roaming on any of my phones here in the southwest.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Lurker

zacholley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
does it always say 1x?? cuz mines does tghat if the data usage has been dormant for a while. but if does stay on...check ur roaming settings..
sorry if that seems real basic, but iDunno what u've checked so far.
ya it stays on 1x and the net is slow as crap haha, i sure wish it had evdo roaming you would think it would because us cellular, verizon and all of them are here in my market how can i find out if sprint should roam 3g here in oklahoma city, ok?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacholley View Post
ya it stays on 1x and the net is slow as crap haha, i sure wish it had evdo roaming you would think it would because us cellular, verizon and all of them are here in my market how can i find out if sprint should roam 3g here in oklahoma city, ok?
im sure they have EV coverage in OKC. and surrounding areas. if a hard reset didnt fix it, and adjusting the roaming settings didnt either, u mite have to go to a repair ctr(but thats a LAST resort, sumtimes they make the situation worse)
Old 01-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Lurker

zacholley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
im sure they have EV coverage in OKC. and surrounding areas. if a hard reset didnt fix it, and adjusting the roaming settings didnt either, u mite have to go to a repair ctr(but thats a LAST resort, sumtimes they make the situation worse)
yes every carrier has 3g here in okc, i'm just saying on my sprint phone on the sprint network I cannot get a good enough signal to use data in my house, when i force the palm pro to roam on verizon well my 1x signal is full service and i can use data but its just so slow i was wondering if thats the normal or if sprint should have roaming 3g capability ????
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro