PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   HTC Home on Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61083)

JayMike_ 03-14-2009 11:38 AM

HTC Home on Treo Pro

So I love the phone, but the basics of it are just too boring. Any way to get a good working home such as that on the Touch Pro on this one?

crashjack 03-14-2009 11:57 AM

Re: HTC Home on Treo Pro

try this, Impove found a version of HTC Home for the 800W. i tried it on my pro and it works.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32393&page=6

its the last post on that page. but skip the steps on installing the RealVGA. this version of HTC Home is meant to run at 128dpi which the Treo Pro already does.

budney 03-14-2009 01:42 PM

I'm a little confused by your thread title. But crashjack has it right if you want HTC Home which came from the Touch. If you are looking for a TouchFlo3D like interface like that on the Touch Pro then take a look at Mobile Shell.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/

nctrevor24 03-15-2009 02:40 AM

can you guys post a screenshot of what you today screens look like?

Edit- Nvm lol

akakar 03-30-2009 10:27 PM

Does this version of HTC Home break your Phone Dialer from the Today screen?

I've tried a few HTC Home setups and they all break the dialer, which is a showstopper for me.

Thanks!

crashjack 03-30-2009 10:39 PM

nope, it doesnt effect the dialer in the least, it actally works flawlessly, just remember, do not install RealVGA

boosted21 04-05-2009 07:53 PM

HTC Home works PERFECTLY on the Treo Pro...gotta say much better than that plain setup...Thanxs for the link Crashjack.

malibu_23 04-07-2009 03:01 AM

why is my ringer in the profiles tab always "plmo" ???

Major_Nate 04-08-2009 08:43 AM

Thanks yo!

msglsmo 04-24-2009 10:23 AM

Three things I have noticed on the Treo Pro after installing...

1. The message count icons are cut off slightly on the bottom...any way to fix that?

2. There is a second battery icon? Can this be removed?

3. In HHC Home customizer, part of the top of the screen is cut off.

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate everyone's help and advice here at PPC Geeks!

temperamentalman 04-24-2009 12:41 PM

Links aren't working for me :(

Any alternatives?

crashjack 04-24-2009 05:40 PM

to remove the second battey icon, you need to make the following reg edit:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/SHELL
change the value of ShowTitleBarClock to 1 and soft reset.

to fix the issue with the count icons, you need to install HTC Home VGA

I have not found a version of HHC that will work properly with HTC Home VGA

msglsmo 04-24-2009 06:00 PM

I installed the HTC Home VGA version, but I lost the ability to customize it via the Home screen. I can't change my weather from C to F!

crashjack 04-24-2009 06:07 PM

at the city select option for the weather, select Menu, then Weather Options, and the option the change to F is in there

msglsmo 04-24-2009 08:17 PM

Got it. Thanks for the tip!

msglsmo 04-27-2009 10:39 AM

First, thank you to everyone for the tips and links. I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know if this is a resource hog? I usually sit at about 50%, but after using the HTC Home, I am now at 63% and it is costing me battery life. Anyone else experiencing this?

crashjack 04-27-2009 01:56 PM

after using IE and/or skyfire, my mem usage gets alittle high and after i end all the programs, i still show about 63% usage so that is normal, a soft reset will put the meter back where it should be. i havent noticed any effect on my phone's performance. my battery will still stay up for an entire day with moderate web browsing, txting, and talking. the HTC Home hasnt made any noticable impact on my phone, the memory problem was happening before i even installed it, and my battery life hasnt changed either.

ianderson_76 04-28-2009 06:10 PM

I am also new to this and trying to get it to work. I installed HHC (device memory) and let it download the HTC Home Plugin (2.1). I also downloaded the Home Plugin from here and this did not work either. I followed the instructions to the letter, and when I go to my home screen, i have the HTC Background and that's about it. What am I missing to get HCC showing up?

DssTrainer 04-30-2009 12:05 AM

SPB Mobile shell 3.0 is definitely the way to go with the Treo Pro.. HTC Home is sooo 2 years ago :) At least get Manila.

temperamentalman 04-30-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DssTrainer (Post 885780)
SPB Mobile shell 3.0 is definitely the way to go with the Treo Pro.. HTC Home is sooo 2 years ago :) At least get Manila.

Yeah...til your ringers suddenly go quiet and sound profiles don't work. Known issue with MS3 on the Treo Pro.

cmhgreg 04-30-2009 10:47 AM

Be careful with SPB Menu Shell 3.0. It has a well-documented bug with the Treo Pro where the ringer volume keeps dropping to 0. It also has some significant battery drain issues. I had to uninstall it (at least for now).

info[]box1 05-02-2009 12:55 PM

I just installed the SPB Menu Shell 3.0. lastnite...I will be looking out for any bugs...So far the ringer has remain on high where it was set...Now I'm watching the battery life very close...

temperamentalman 05-02-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 891001)
I just installed the SPB Menu Shell 3.0. lastnite...I will be looking out for any bugs...So far the ringer has remain on high where it was set...Now I'm watching the battery life very close...

As long as you don't adjust the volume with the rocker switch on the side of the Pro, it should be fine. Should being the operative word.

Keep us posted.

bsweetness 07-02-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashjack (Post 771889)
try this, Impove found a version of HTC Home for the 800W. i tried it on my pro and it works.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32393&page=6

its the last post on that page. but skip the steps on installing the RealVGA. this version of HTC Home is meant to run at 128dpi which the Treo Pro already does.

Thanks for this. I've got it up and running on my Treo Pro except for a couple things. HTC Home Customizer doesn't display correctly. The top of it is cut off, which I assume has to do with the screen being 320 x 320. I also can't choose a city for the weather at all through HTC Home Customizer. All of the buttons are grayed out, and I can't type anything in. I don't know if the two are related or not (such as there being something I have to select above the "Add New City to Custom Database" line, which is at the top of my screen).

And no, I don't have RealVGA installed. I skipped those steps as directed.

bsweetness 07-28-2009 12:01 PM

Has no one else had the above issue? I still can't figure it out.