PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey
Re: Sprint Treo Pro Delayed until END of Feb...

Well that's good news. I haven't read of any showstoppers for me so far.

Another question I have is regarding the battery. I'm sure you've heard of the issues that the Touch Pro/Diamond has regarding not charging while on the phone (for very long anyway) or the device getting more than warm (which leads to the former most of the time). Does the Treo Pro exhibit any of these issues?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggrey View Post
Another question I have is regarding the battery. I'm sure you've heard of the issues that the Touch Pro/Diamond has regarding not charging while on the phone (for very long anyway) or the device getting more than warm (which leads to the former most of the time). Does the Treo Pro exhibit any of these issues?
It certainly doesn't charge as fast as the 800w, which has some sort of rapid-charge feature and it does get warm when used as a modem (WiFiRouter) but it does not seem to shut down (overheat) like the Touch Pro/Diamond. In fact I keep mine plugged in and use it as a router all the time.

At the least it seems to "break even": charges as much as it pushes out.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

well that's good news. Getting warm is normal for any phone I think, but I haven't seen anything stop charging like my Touch Pro does so often. Kinda annoying to have to find another phone to use while this thing charges. Anyway... thanks for your patience and taking the time to answer my questions!

One last question: when I played with it at the store I didn't notice any keyboard lag like on the Touch Pro, but I wasn't really looking for it either. Maybe since I didn't notice it it's a good thing? Does yours have any noticeable lag?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:28 PM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
One last question: when I played with it at the store I didn't notice any keyboard lag like on the Touch Pro, but I wasn't really looking for it either. Maybe since I didn't notice it it's a good thing? Does yours have any noticeable lag?
There is a tiny bit of redraw lag here and there but it's not bad. This where I find the 800w "snappier" than the STP. It's just sometimes you feel the device has to catch up with what you are doing, but this seems tied to IE6 or larger apps or when running low on RAM, plus the combo of the dual processor.

but for most everyday things, it seems fine and since there is no TouchFlo running, that helps.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

That's the one thing that's annoying on the Touch Pro to me. Hopefully it's not as bad (or maybe close to non-existent) on the Treo Pro.

Have you tried Opera Mobile on there?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
That's the one thing that's annoying on the Touch Pro to me. Hopefully it's not as bad (or maybe close to non-existent) on the Treo Pro.

Have you tried Opera Mobile on there?
no, not yet. not an opera mobile user, though IE6 may drive me there /lol
Old 02-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lol that stinks. Ok no more questions from me! For now anyway.... I'll try to contain myself til they finally release.

EDIT: lol I thought of a question. Is there any kind of GPS lag?

Last edited by jaggrey; 02-18-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
lol that stinks. Ok no more questions from me! For now anyway.... I'll try to contain myself til they finally release.

EDIT: lol I thought of a question. Is there any kind of GPS lag?
lol, np

GPS Lag: a little bit here and there, but I haven't studied thoroughly enough to quantify. I'm not sure about aGPS, but it doesn't seem as quick as the 800w (at least with Ebag's hacks).

Basically it needs a pretty clear line of site with the sky to work well.

OTOH, I really enjoy Google Map's "My Location" triangulation feature. Sure it's not as accurate but works great with Latitude (uses no battery, works indoors and you can leave it on 24/7). AFAIK, this is the only Sprint WM device that supports that feature at this time.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

lol ok no more! (after this one ) Does this have the same video acceleration as the Treo 800w? Or any video acceleration at all?

Ok that's it, I'm done!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
lol ok no more! (after this one ) Does this have the same video acceleration as the Treo 800w? Or any video acceleration at all?

Ok that's it, I'm done!
These things are always hard to evaluate but no, it sure doesn't look nor feel like it. After all, this is an HTC device

In fact, had they had the same stripped down 800w OS and video acceleration, they could have gone with a 333mhz or 412mhz CPU and had even more battery life. C'est la vie.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro