PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Lurker

hotis300boy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Treo Pro Delayed until END of Feb...

Im at work now I bought a Treo Pro from best buy on the 27th it was the first and last one they had here in Central Florida....I came to it from a 800w I love it as well....
Would have PREFERRED the soft paint but oh well...picturemail native is awesome....for a phone with a huge memory problem it runs super fast and never lags its kinda weird lol...

I really truly wonder WHAT if anything was the reason they keep delaying it? something tells me its related to the Pre launch....

My build 20765.1.4.4

So far its nice battery is awesome, IE sucks, for some reason I get picturemail from most everyone but when I sent to Tmobile they never get it....wonder if its a network issue...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

post pics please

Old 02-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Yes, yes...pics and screenshots if you please.

late,
Coz
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Lurker

hotis300boy is a n00b

Will do late tonight
Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

texdoctor is a n00b

well i arrived home no did not walk. just stopped out of town. I love this phone. IE sucks. but battery life is better on this than any other PDA i ever had. and like others have reported it is super fast. and no blue tooth issues, and no need to adjust volumn after each call like on the 800w.

Build is 20765.1.4.4
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
Build is 20765.1.4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
My build 20765.1.4.4
What is the Firmware version? Mine is 1.11.30F, which is the recalled version.

The reason for the delay was because the amount of RAM (program memory) is far too low for what it should be--it's 20+mb less than what the GSM version and 800w has, which is a mistake. It should read around 69mb FREE after a soft reset and not ~43mb.

HTC is fixing it and it is reportedly almost ready.

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-16-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Lurker

hotis300boy is a n00b

mine is also 1.11.30f

if i understand you right Mal you are saying this number appearing in our memory is like basically saying wrong programming? meaning it actually does have more available but just shows less? and in order to keep anarchy from happening they are fixing before releasing? cause it runs fine
Old 02-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Well my understanding is it runs fine cuz it's not out of memory, but there should be more available memory than what you're getting.

I played with this phone yesterday at a Sprint store. It's pretty nice... I like it. The keyboard isn't too bad... def not the normal Treo keyboard but not really like the Centro either. I think I'd get used to it. I couldn't believe how light it was, and it didn't creak at all. Really shiny plastic tho... wow.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

Mal,

Does the Sprint Treo Pro have any of the same bugs as the GSM one?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
mine is also 1.11.30f

if i understand you right Mal you are saying this number appearing in our memory is like basically saying wrong programming? meaning it actually does have more available but just shows less? and in order to keep anarchy from happening they are fixing before releasing? cause it runs fine
Exactly. There are multiple chips for memory spanned on the device and WM is only seeing part of it at this time. So although physically it has the same amount as a Treo Pro or 800w, it has ~25mb less available.

As far as it running fine, I suggest you spend more time with it Specifically, IE6 (which is god awful) can easily use 15-18mb of RAM when on a full site. Combine that with Live Search, pTunes or Kinoma Play and a handful of other apps and you'll run out of memory ASAP (I've gotten it down to 2mb). The device starts to crawl at < 10mb free. (Also notice how IE6 cant stay open in the background for very long--it seems to close itself out randomly--not sure what that is about).

The fix would be a new ROM flash, whic his a bit much to ask people who just bought the darn thing, lol. So yeah, they're doing it beforehand. Plus, considering they have the 800w on hand, there is not a huge rush to fill the WM Treo gap at Sprint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggrey View Post
Well my understanding is it runs fine cuz it's not out of memory, but there should be more available memory than what you're getting.
Yup, exactly right. Some people won't notice any problems but the fact remains there is something wrong with it, so it needs to be fixed.
Quote:
I played with this phone yesterday at a Sprint store. It's pretty nice... I like it. The keyboard isn't too bad... def not the normal Treo keyboard but not really like the Centro either. I think I'd get used to it. I couldn't believe how light it was, and it didn't creak at all. Really shiny plastic tho... wow.
Mine actually creaks, right in the upper left hand corner. It also feels quite delicate compared to the 800w.

The STP is nice, but for me it's just not a "true" Palm Treo (lacks Palm's WM finesse) and the buttons (not KB) are just terrible--too flush, not tactile, annoying to depress. Re: kb, I actually like both the 800ws and STPs (and also the Centro's). It's like sneakers or shoes for me, somedays you feel like one or the other.

And for a 528mhz speed, it's barely (if ever) faster than a 333mhz 800w--in fact on stock WM apps, the 800w is sometimes a split second faster. The TP is better for large, 3rd party apps. Standby/background battery life is impressive--so great email machine. But once you start actually using it (internet, video, etc.) it drains just as fast as any WM device.
Quote:
Mal,

Does the Sprint Treo Pro have any of the same bugs as the GSM one?
I still need to try the "any button silences the ringer" trick and I have gotten the green button to redial a missed call by accident once. But so far most of those bugs are gone as far as I can tell. My main beef with the phone is just subjective physical features (see buttons above) and the fact it is not hugely different than the 800w in the areas that are important to me. But it's a pretty solid WM device overall.

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-17-2009 at 02:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro