PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Lord Bricks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo Pro Reviews

has anyone figured out what difference(s), if any, there are between the Best Buy "recalled" version and the "official" release version? has anyone ripped the "official" ROM yet? TIA....
Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

well, i have a "recalled" version and have compared it to one of the "official" versions and have seen no difference in functions. the software version is different, but thats all ive seen so far. looks to me like both the delays were pointless.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

npaulseth is a n00b

Same here. I have the "old" version. What's the difference?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Lord Bricks is just getting started

i think the difference has been narrowed down to a OS recompile which gives 1.04 2MB more of free memory.. not a big deal IMHO
Old 04-19-2009, 12:33 AM
N00b

gordec is just getting started
Treo Pro One Week User Review

The Treo Pro is by far the best phone I have ever used. In this review I will compare to the various Palm or WM based smart phones.

User background: Mogul, Treo 755p, Diamond, Touch Pro -> Treo Pro (TP)

As a phone:
In terms of reception, comparing to the other Sprint phones (Treo 755p, Diamond, Touch Pro), Treo Pro is on par. I walked to specific locations at work where Touch Pro did or didn't get reception to test the Treo Pro. The end result is subjectively same.

The form factor of the TP is just perfect. It feels like a razor or other modern day slim phone in my pants pocket. It's a pleasure just to look at. It looks and feels well constructed in your hand.

The call quality on caller's side is exception. The TP sounds loud and clear at about half max volume. Even at max volume the head piece doesn't crackle. I did not test speaker phone as I don't use it that much. The phone pairing with my BlueAnt V1 also sounds terrific.

I cannot emphasize how much the front side keyboard with dialing digits makes the TP a better phone. I really missed it on after going from Treo 755p to Diamond and Touch Pro. It's really convenient to be able to press hard buttons to dial a number instead of bringing up a touch screen.

Battery life on the TP is much better than the Touch Pro. I can make about 2.5 hours of calls with bluetooth and still have about 30% battery at the end of the day. Data use is minimal.

Also after a call is connected, the screen dims and the touch screen is locked, only hard buttons on the phone can turn the phone off which unlocks the screen again or unlock the touch screen for use during the phone call. This feature can easily be implemented on any other WM phone, but no one has done it. The Touch Proeither completely turns the screen off or dims the screen but making it vulnerable to unintentional touches. I was really impressed with how much thought Palm placed into this device when constructing the phone functions.

As a PDA:
WM6.1 is snappiest on the TP comparing to all WM device I have used period.

Bluetooth, Wifi, and GPS work as described. No difference comparing to the Touch Pro.

Screen is obviously inferior to the Touch Pro, but the improvements in all other functions and features far outweighs this deficiency.

I personally much prefer the front side keyboard of the TP comparing to the Touch Pro's slide out keyboard. For some reason, the sliding out just annoys me at times. But that may vary based on user preference.

The camera is inferior to the Touch Pro, but I would never use either phone to take picture I want to keep. I mainly use phone cameras for photo ID which either phone is more than capable.

No flash on the TP as the Touch Pro's flash came in handy at times, when I needed a flash light. I almost never used the flash of the Touch Pro for photo capturing.

The 3.5 mm head phone jack hasn't been used yet. Maybe it'll be handy to use. I don't have much time to listen to music on the phone. This may benefit others with long commutes on subways.

Just a side note, when the screen is off clock and date are both displayed as monochrome LCD which is really useful as I use my phone to keep track of time. I don't have to turn on the screen to achieve that.

In conclusion:
I really can't speak more about how much I love the TP. I might just keep it even if the Palm Pre comes out. It's almost a perfect phone for me. I also have the 1.03 Ebay rumored "recalled TPs." So do be alarmed if you have one. I guess if it bricks and has no warranty, then you run into issues. I haven't bothered calling Palm to see if mine has warranty.

I hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If someone already has a Treo 800w, why even bother with the Treo Pro? no real difference in the specs.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Kennethw67 is a n00b

Is there anyway to change the sensitivity on the tro pro. My friedn said i need to install a registry editor but i have no idea where to find one. Plkease help.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_EYqlw5Ys
Old 05-08-2009, 04:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
If someone already has a Treo 800w, why even bother with the Treo Pro? no real difference in the specs.
If i owned an 800w, i wouldn't upgrade unless i could do it cheap.

If I had to pick, I'd take the Pro.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

bigdeath is a n00b

I had the touch pro and went to the treo pro. I have to say I had my doubts at first... but the treo pro is an awesome piece of equipment. Its web is faster than my touch pro, it doesnt freeze as much, I mean everything is better in my opinion with the exception of screen size.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro