PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Sprint Treo Pro Available NOW!!!

That's a big difference between the Sprint model and the GSM Model... Maybe Sprint bloatware active?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

The Treo Pro is listed on the inventory list, but shows zero stock. I've been getting calls about this one today.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
That's a big difference between the Sprint model and the GSM Model... Maybe Sprint bloatware active?
My theory? PIE6

It's the only real difference. That and Sprint's new Java system.

See, what's odd is that "Available" memory number is about 20mb too low, meaning there is OS overhead causing it; it has nothing to do with "stuff booting" with the phone that can be removed.

They probably built the phone with the GSM specs (mostly) and were shorted on RAM with the newer OS. Kinda like the Mogul debacle, just nowhere near as bad.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

So the GSM Treo Pro does not have PIE 6? Any reason why that may be the case? And that new Java system is 'Titan'?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
So the GSM Treo Pro does not have PIE 6? Any reason why that may be the case? And that new Java system is 'Titan'?
The GSM Treo Pro doesn't have PIE 6 because it came out like 3 or 4 months ago. The CDMA is the first phone released with it on there.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Makes sense to me..
Old 01-23-2009, 01:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

But isn't the Titan(java) app old?? i've seen that before months ago
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Yeah, it's been out for a while now... Never hear anything about it though...
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx 99$ UnlimiTed EvErYtHiNg

Romeo5k is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Romeo5k

I've got a dumb question... Im laughing as im typing this because some of u will be saying.." Be Serious" others will say i have lost my F'ing mynd!.. and maybe i mite have one that may say i actually have a point , but im dreaming so wake up
ANyways.. Anyone think maybe sprint knew they F..ed up on the program memory. nd someone figured it out too late. And now they are sending a fix to all the sprint stores for all of those who bought it. So they can do the recall. And do the fix at ur local sprint store. But they need time to get it all to the sprint stores. And Valentine seems like the best time to do this.!
If im dreaming ol well.. im going to enjoy this dream till the 15th. And if i find out im dreaming, im either going PRE or staying with my 700wx!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx 99$ UnlimiTed EvErYtHiNg

Romeo5k is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Romeo5k
Talking Re: Sprint Treo Pro Available NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
So 2+ years after I bought my 700wx (which has essentially 60mb of program storage) all Palm could do was give us 20mb's more?!?!?!?!

I love the form of the Treo but it seems for me going from a 700wx to the 850 would be a "lateral transfer". Might be holding out for the Pre or something else.

late,
Coz
errr.. Ur not leaving windows.. I dont see it .!! ThePRE is not windows. Nor is the Instinct. And theres nothing else to me IMHO that cn outdo the 700wx by sprint. I swear, If someone else could offer me this same plan, i think id leave sprint definately. But ahh well.. its life... GET OVER IT!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro