PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jblat1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Sprint Treo Pro- which browser to use?

Currently running a wm 6.5 Rom upgrade on my Sprint Treo Pro.

I see Opera 5 has come out (no longer beta). Not sure how long since it's release, but I'm amazed at the speed and quirks that were ironed out since 5.1 beta.

However, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a browser that includes flash on it?

I realize Skyfire is an option, but I can't stand it's appearance settings (font size(s) specifically).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Treo Pro- which browser to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblat1 View Post
Currently running a wm 6.5 Rom upgrade on my Sprint Treo Pro.

I see Opera 5 has come out (no longer beta). Not sure how long since it's release, but I'm amazed at the speed and quirks that were ironed out since 5.1 beta.

However, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a browser that includes flash on it?

I realize Skyfire is an option, but I can't stand it's appearance settings (font size(s) specifically).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
actually skyfire wont be an option much longer as they are shutting servers down soon. I dont know what other options have true flash like that though. Opera Mini 5 is my daily browser though

DONATE
Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

uzard seems to b replacing skyfart.
i use opera mini, uzard, and IE

Last edited by skeegcpp; 03-25-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

damienisxcore is a n00b

UC mobile,Mobile Browser-The fastest free mobile browser

UC Browser. I used Opera Mobile until I found this gem. Skinnable and free. And ALOT faster.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tomdt is just getting started

Which version of the UC Browser did you download? Palm is not shown as an option to download a phone specific version. The generic version is described as a "high memory version", presumably not for the TP
Old 12-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jblat1 is a n00b

I'll try this UC Browser, thanks!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jblat1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
uzard seems to b replacing skyfart.
i use opera mini, uzard, and IE(only for mlb.com)
Thanks for the post on Uzard. I tried it for a few days, but wasn't all that impressed. I think I expected too much from my "little" Treo Pro and it's ability to load flash pages fast enough.

Do you use Uzard as your main browser? If so, I have to imagine that maybe it's just my phone perhaps?

Thanks again for the suggestions, guys. There are quite a few of you out there who do a great job informing the "cell ignorant" like myself on things we should and shouldn't be adding to our phones!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblat1 View Post
Do you use Uzard as your main browser? If so, I have to imagine that maybe it's just my phone perhaps?
i dont use it as my main browser....opera mini for that, but it comes in handy for certain sites....
Old 12-19-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

I'm still an Opera mini fan for 95% of what I need to do. Previously used Skyfire for everything else (requiring flash) but I'll probably switch to Uzard. It's not pretty but it seems to work ok.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
I'll probably switch to Uzard. It's not pretty but it seems to work ok.
speaking of that, if ne1 gets word of an update from the 2.0 beta..PLEASE post it here..TIA
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Tags
sprint treo pro, treo pro, windows 6.5, windows mobile 6.5