PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 03:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Jaykay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo help Request...all in the land of Sprint CLUELESS

Hey everyone,

New member here with an ancient phone.

Recently, I got Sprint to replace my Treo Pro with another (refurbished) Treo Pro. However, on the day that I had it activated, I came to realize that while I could send out texts and make outgoing calls, I COULD NOT receive any texts or incoming calls.

I tested this by using a friend's cell to call my own. My phone does not even acknowledge a call is incoming; the screen doesn't light up or ring/vibrate etc. The same goes with any text that is sent to my phone.

I've done hard rests, soft resets etc. I've also spent hours on the phone with Sprint tech support, Sprint "upper level tech support" (their words), and numerous visits to a physical Sprint store. These guys have utterly NO CLUE what they're doing or how to fix the problem. The best I get is a shrug and I a "Uh....we can't figure it out (drool)...we're gonna have to order you a new phone (drool...)."

I know one person here is smarter than 50 sprint employees put together, so I thought I'd try here. Anyone know what the deal is, and how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Jay

PS: Oh and yes I've downloaded and tried all the update/patches on the palm site (ringerupdate etc. etc)

Last edited by Jaykay; 01-12-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Treo help Request...all in the land of Sprint CLUELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Hey everyone,

New member here with an ancient phone.

Recently, I got Sprint to replace my Treo Pro with another (refurbished) Treo Pro. However, on the day that I had it activated, I came to realize that while I could send out texts and make outgoing calls, I COULD NOT receive any texts or incoming calls.

I tested this by using a friend's cell to call my own. My phone does not even acknowledge a call is incoming; the screen doesn't light up or ring/vibrate etc. The same goes with any text that is sent to my phone.

I've done hard rests, soft resets etc. I've also spent hours on the phone with Sprint tech support, Sprint "upper level tech support" (their words), and numerous visits to a physical Sprint store. These guys have utterly NO CLUE what they're doing or how to fix the problem. The best I get is a shrug and I a "Uh....we can't figure it out (drool)...we're gonna have to order you a new phone (drool...)."

I know one person here is smarter than 50 sprint employees put together, so I thought I'd try here. Anyone know what the deal is, and how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Jay

PS: Oh and yes I've downloaded and tried all the update/patches on the palm site (ringerupdate etc. etc)

im no expert but it sounds like a network issue, i would try calling sprint just for kicks lol, hopefully you get the person who knows somethin!

DONATE
Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Jaykay is a n00b
Re: Treo help Request...all in the land of Sprint CLUELESS

Well.... after some thorough searching, it appears that it is an issue of being on EVDO. Apparently, it's a known issue with Palm, as there were reports of the Palm 800 doing this as well.

Whenever the phone is on EVDO, it does not register calls or texts. As soon as you are off EVDO, you get bombarded with everything that has been trying to get to you.

I don't think there is a fix to this. I got my Samsung Intrepid today, so i'm glad to be done with this issue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro