PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro 850
Carrier: Metro PCS

Ruckas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Have to start all over!

I had my phone working great. Then it started messing up bad. So......I hard reset it. Problem is, I forgot how to set it back up for Internet and Data and MMS. I unlocked it a while ago when I first set it up. Now that I hard reset it, do I need to unlock it again? I want to set it up again with a good ROM and Internet and Data. Whats my next step? It's a CDMA Palm Treo Pro already flashed to Metro PCS and has an 8 gig expansion card. Any help would be great. By the way, even though I did a hard reset, it still has bits of CFAY's ROM on it. How is that possible? Thanks all. Ruckus
Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Have to start all over!

if u flashed Cfays rom b4 hard reset, thats y its still on there. once u unlock it once, thats all u'll need to do unless u reverted back to stock hspl.
i've used raider's rom forever and its stable..IMO(dont remember what build, look at my device info) as far as data/mms/etc goes..it shud work..now sum use Smms for mms svcs..theres a cab on this site to install it back
Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
if u flashed Cfays rom b4 hard reset, thats y its still on there. once u unlock it once, thats all u'll need to do unless u reverted back to stock hspl.
i've used raider's rom forever and its stable..IMO(dont remember what build, look at my device info) as far as data/mms/etc goes..it shud work..now sum use Smms for mms svcs..theres a cab on this site to install it back
Thanks skeeg. I tried Raiders ROM as well. but it was kinda glitchy. So your saying just by adding Raiders or CFAYs ROM my internet and MMS should work? It didn't....lol...I had arcsoft.cab before I belive. Any advice to get me back up would help.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckas View Post
Thanks skeeg. I tried Raiders ROM as well. but it was kinda glitchy. So your saying just by adding Raiders or CFAYs ROM my internet and MMS should work? It didn't....lol...I had arcsoft.cab before I belive. Any advice to get me back up would help.
idk bout metro pcs....but with sprint, on raiders rom, u have to set up the data(start/settings/connections/connections/add new under My ISP. dialing rules=#777, leave user/pword blank, then save. after u launch the browser, the user/pword will pop up again. check the save password box) u can try that.
i used the remove arcsoft sprintpicmail cab, 1st. then install the arcsoft cab, to get mms svcs up. but u have to 1st set up the data for the mms to work
Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

I'm trying to do all this with the card< not the PC. Having a bit of trouble. I download it to the pc, put it on the card, put the card in the phone, open the file, nothing!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

I'm going to need some help with this. I can't even get the data or internet to work. How do I load stuff on my phone using the card?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

Anyone? I have the USB cable as well, just need a bit of guidance to get rolling....lol.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

I installed Raiders ROM, set up the connection like you said but used my10digitnumber@mymetropcs.com for name, metropcs for password, blank domain, checked save, no luck!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Have to start all over!

I've searched Howard Forums, XDA, and here. Tried several different things per the posts listed on a Metro Pcs Cab. Still no luck. Does anyone know if I can make my data and internet work again? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:59 AM
VIP Member

if u still have raiders rom, hard reset...before u do anything go to start settings connections connections.... Should see Add ISP....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro