PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Palm Treo without data plan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133973)

racer146 09-19-2010 01:35 AM

Palm Treo without data plan?

I have a Sprint family plan with unlimited text and I forget how many minutes and no data. I was wondering if I buy a Palm Treo Pro or maybe a Palm Treo 800w from ebay would I be able to activate it to my account. Do you have to have a data plan with this phone. I don't want or need a data plan but would like to have a nice phone for talk, text, and picture messaging. Please help me. Thanks.

raiderfan247365 09-19-2010 03:29 AM

Re: Palm Treo without data plan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer146 (Post 1948895)
I have a Sprint family plan with unlimited text and I forget how many minutes and no data. I was wondering if I buy a Palm Treo Pro or maybe a Palm Treo 800w from ebay would I be able to activate it to my account. Do you have to have a data plan with this phone. I don't want or need a data plan but would like to have a nice phone for talk, text, and picture messaging. Please help me. Thanks.

picture mail requires internet...

skeegcpp 09-19-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1948933)
picture mail requires internet...

i think they dont charge kb for pic messaging...but bcuz the fone is considered a "pda" sprint will make u get a data plan for the fone. but if u have sprint, jus dial *2 to speak to them to make sure.
but my answer is yes.

racer146 09-19-2010 12:02 PM

I have the HTC Touch Pro right now and I didn't have to get a data plan, and the Rumor 2 I used to use could pic message without being charged so I'm just kinda confused.

raiderfan247365 09-19-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer146 (Post 1949083)
I have the HTC Touch Pro right now and I didn't have to get a data plan, and the Rumor 2 I used to use could pic message without being charged so I'm just kinda confused.

best bet is to just ask sprint then

racer146 09-19-2010 06:38 PM

yea i asked sprint about it and the lady told me that i needed a data plan, then i asked about an htc touch pro and she said same thing, need data plan. so i told her that i'm using the htc right now (which i am) without data and she was like, let me put you on hold for a minute. Another person answers the phone and i ask again, can i use the palm treo pro without a data plan, and i get a simple, YES you just can't go on the internet. Finally a strait answer. So conclusion is, there is probably more phones you can use without data, they just tell you that you have to have data so they get more of your money. (sorry for the long story)

avd 10-01-2010 03:49 PM

Buy it and activate it online. Sprint exempts winmo phones from needing everything plans, but unsure if data is required.. I have a family plan with a $15/mo data plan my wife has 200 sms for $5, no data for her rumor.