PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: boost

ctennenh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tracking a Treo Pro

Is anyone running a real-time tracking app successfully on their Treo Pro?

I'm running the stock Sprint ROM, no RealVGA, and trying to find some way to track the location of my phone in real-time, or close to it, with regular updates. I've tried Google Latitude, but while it works fine on my HTC TP2, it won't update in the background on the Treo Pro. Mologogo crashes, trackr runs the GPS constantly so runs down the battery. Instamapper seems like a good option but won't run on Windows Mobile. GPS Location by Highway over at XDA would be great (you can set it to check the GPS and send an email at specified intervals) with a dedicated email address, but this part of the app's functionality isn't working properly. Other apps that work great on my TP2, like GPSToday, lock up the Treo Pro for some reason. My best solution so far is Smartphonetracker which responds to an SMS with location info, but since I pay per SMS this isn't optimal. It will help if I ever lose the phone, but I'd rather my family be able to see my location on a regular basis.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
avd
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pro
Carrier: sprint

avd is a n00b
Re: Tracking a Treo Pro

lattitude works great for me.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctennenh is a n00b

Really? Interesting. Do you have a GSM or CDMA model? And other latitude friends can see where you are after latitude has been closed?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctennenh is a n00b

Yeah, checking my wife's Latitude account, (she's actually the one with the Treo Pro), it shows the last update was 5 days ago, which was the last time she opened Google Maps. My TP2, however, was just updated 17 minutes ago, and I haven't opened Maps in at least as long. Something weird's going on with Google Maps and at least her Treo Pro. I also forgot to mention that we've hard reset it at least once, maybe twice, and have not seen any change.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Microsoft MyPhone will also do this. It tracks the phone after each successful sync and I think you can automate the sync schedule.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctennenh is a n00b

I believe the best myphone will do is once a day, but otherwise it's a good option.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctennenh View Post
I believe the best myphone will do is once a day, but otherwise it's a good option.
It will automatically sync daily if set for that and will track the location at that time, however, if u manually sync it, I believe it gets the location at that time, but again, that's manual and not automatically.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
avd
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pro
Carrier: sprint

avd is a n00b

Your wife has to enable lattitude. Then when she closes Gmaps she has to continue sharing location with latitude. Then she has to soft reset, turn on Gmaps "you are sharing your location with latitude" acknoledge, shut off maps, confirm sharing with latitude, and she should be good to go.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctennenh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by avd View Post
Your wife has to enable lattitude. Then when she closes Gmaps she has to continue sharing location with latitude. Then she has to soft reset, turn on Gmaps "you are sharing your location with latitude" acknoledge, shut off maps, confirm sharing with latitude, and she should be good to go.
Thanks, but we definitely tried that. I've done so many soft resets, along with exiting and "continue sharing" chosen. I think it's just a lost cause, with her phone at least. Is yours working on a GSM? I'm thinking it's the CDMA version of the Treo Pro that has trouble.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avd View Post
My wife thought you said "enable attitude" and she did.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Tags
gps, tracking