PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jamin1986 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to the sprint Treo Pro. Advice sought.

I have recently moved from the Sprint HTC touch to the sprint treo pro and had a few questions. First let me say that I am familiar with flashing roms and I do realize that some of the questions have already been answered.
  1. When flashing a new rom the the htc touch it was suggested that you flash the carrier rom first and run a data session and then flash the new rom so that data would work without any more configuration. Is this suggested/necessary for the treo pro?
  2. It was also suggested that you flash a new rom for the htc touch three times so that it would work perfectly. Again, is the suggested/necessary for the treo pro.
  3. Finally, I was hoping to get a recommendation for my first non-carrier rom on the treo pro. I am looking for something stable, fast, fairly clean, and with usability similar to that of the carrier ROM (still having the clock always on the screen as well as keygaurd and the standard WM 6.1 home screen would be nice.)
I will appreciate any advice.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: New to the sprint Treo Pro. Advice sought.

1. I never did it
2. No triple flashing or what some call "flash dancing"
3. All the roms have the clock in the upper right hand of the screen, and all 6.5 and 6.5.x roms will still do the 6.1 today screen. Settings/Today/unckeck Windows Default.

I've tried alot of these roms and have come to find that the Matbee or Icon roms are the fasest and most ram friendly. None of the bloatware with them

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro