PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo PRO
Carrier: Cellcom

Predatorftp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't register network SIM after upgrade to WM6.5

I have a Problem after the upgrade to 6.5

When trying to register to my network it says - "Cannot register on selected network. choose another network or disconnect your data connection and try again"

when inserting a SIM of another network (orange) it works 100% and when i put my SIM of (Cellcom) it give me that error unable to register.

any ideas on how to overcome this issue ?

thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile

trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Can't register network SIM after upgrade to WM6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorftp View Post
I have a Problem after the upgrade to 6.5

When trying to register to my network it says - "Cannot register on selected network. choose another network or disconnect your data connection and try again"

when inserting a SIM of another network (orange) it works 100% and when i put my SIM of (Cellcom) it give me that error unable to register.

any ideas on how to overcome this issue ?

thanks.
HardSPL won't unlock the SIM it just allows you to flash ROMS. It looks like your phone is locked to Orange so you will need an unlock code. I'm sorry there is no software for treo that will unlock SIM to unlock SIM you have two options
1. some carriers will give you the Unlock code if you are there loyal customer for a while if you are there loyal customer ask them kindly for an unlock SIM code and they might give it to you?

2. by the code online but it's not recommended because some might be scam so be careful

I'm sorry i couldn't give you an easy suggestion. i know how frustrating it is when you can't use your favorite phone on a carrier you like
Old 06-23-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i just went through to OEM on Palm Treo pro and noticed a program called SIM lock i will delete that file and cook a ROM but before i do i would like to know if you are willing to test the ROM and see if the SIM lock goes away. You will not brick your phone testing this ROM the worst thing that could happen is you might get a unbootable ROM but that is a easy fix. i can't test this on my phone because i bought it unlocked so are you willing to test it? i will test the ROM first to see if the ROM boots but you will need to test if your able to use different SIM also if this is a Success then i will delete Sim Lock from all my releases
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Predatorftp is a n00b

I discovered that the phone is not locked, it is actually unlocked. but was reported as lost and the carrier blocked the phones IMEI.

I bought this phone from a guy on the street. we in Israel have 3 major cellular company's (Cellcom, Orange and Pelephone). the phone is from "Pelephone" and it accepts "Orange" SIM's but "Cellcom" has blocked this IMEI.
I guess Someone lost the phone (pre-owned by a "Plephone" user) so he reported to "Pelephone" and they blocked the IMEI and published the Blocked IMEI to the rest of the carriers. for some reason Orange didn't block it.

so i guess my question now is, how can i unblock it, should i change the phone IMEI ? could it be done ?

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I discovered that the phone is not locked, it is actually unlocked. but was reported as lost and the carrier blocked the phones IMEI.

I bought this phone from a guy on the street. we in Israel have 3 major cellular company's (Cellcom, Orange and Pelephone). the phone is from "Pelephone" and it accepts "Orange" SIM's but "Cellcom" has blocked this IMEI.
I guess Someone lost the phone (pre-owned by a "Plephone" user) so he reported to "Pelephone" and they blocked the IMEI and published the Blocked IMEI to the rest of the carriers. for some reason Orange didn't block it.

so i guess my question now is, how can i unblock it, should i change the phone IMEI ? could it be done ?

Thanks.
o thats a big problem but there is no solution to this IMEI #'s can never be changed they are hard modded to the phone and the carrier checks the IMEI from there server so you can't change any thing from SIM either so sorry you can't change it and how did you find out it is stolen?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Predatorftp is a n00b

I went to the carriers tech center and showed them that with an Orange SIM it works just fine. and then i entered a Cellcom SIM and showed them it doesn't register to the network. so i insisted they find a solution for me.

They where clouless for my problem until I asked him to verify the IMEI of the phone in the system. he did check and found out it was black listed.

from what I read in some forums it is possible to change a IMEI. I have an old HTC Imate TYTN that i can take the IMEI from.. any ideas ?

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I went to the carriers tech center and showed them that with an Orange SIM it works just fine. and then i entered a Cellcom SIM and showed them it doesn't register to the network. so i insisted they find a solution for me.

They where clouless for my problem until I asked him to verify the IMEI of the phone in the system. he did check and found out it was black listed.

from what I read in some forums it is possible to change a IMEI. I have an old HTC Imate TYTN that i can take the IMEI from.. any ideas ?

Thanks.
i searched online and there is no way to do it legally sorry
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro