PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Rom update problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123364)

edb3 06-03-2010 08:31 AM

Rom update problem

I have been trying to do the rom update for my treo pro. the carrier is sprint. I follow the directions, the tri-color screen comes up, then when i try to continue the sync disconnects, everytime. has anyone had this problem? Not sure if i'm doing something wrong or not. I'm trying the BIGE-ROM-23518-1.0. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

ooxteme 06-03-2010 11:47 AM

Re: Rom update problem

have you unlocked the phone yet? It will disconnect from active sync while updating the rom, you will hear active sync disconnect and it might hang for a min but then start the rom updating

edb3 06-03-2010 11:54 PM

the rom upgrade utility doesn't say anything about unlocking the phone, i just followed the directions to run the RUU. That must be the problem, is there another utility that i need to unlock the phone?

raiderfan247365 06-04-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edb3 (Post 1790516)
the rom upgrade utility doesn't say anything about unlocking the phone, i just followed the directions to run the RUU. That must be the problem, is there another utility that i need to unlock the phone?

yes...

edb3 06-04-2010 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info, is there a particular unlocker that works best with the treo pro? I just tried one and it didn't work. I'll search the files and see if i can find something

edb3 06-04-2010 09:16 AM

please correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the hardspl unlock the phone? when i run it, it goes to the colored screen, then i try to run the ruu,, the screen changes to grey with the progress bar, then the sync disconnects. about 5 min later i get update error 262. If there is something else that unlocks the phone what is it? Thanks...

ooxteme 06-04-2010 11:32 AM

yes hardspl does unlock the phone but there is a trick to get it to go through. when you run it you get screens that say ok or continue its been along time since ive used it so i cant remember which it says. after you click continue the first screen and get to the next continue/ok screen disconnect the usb and then reconnect it then click continue and you should be on your way. for some reason the phone likes to lose the active sync connection right around that area.

edb3 06-05-2010 10:41 AM

Thank you very much, i got it to work. Is there a way to make the text a little bigger? It's borderline for my old eyes, but everything is working . I like it!

ooxteme 06-05-2010 11:02 AM

are you using Real VGA? If not try going to settings/system/screen/text size

edb3 06-05-2010 01:20 PM

I was looking for that, couldn't find it, thank you very much!!!:razz: