PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Todayscreen Do You Use?

Just getting some feedback on what today screens you guys are sporting on your treo pro's.

What i've tried so far:

Point UI: Looks great, although all applets are justified to the left which is a big gripe

SPB Shell 3: Obviously a pretty great today screen for the treo, although my biggest gripe is it removing HTC Task Manager from the top right of the screen. If anyone knows how to get this back, i'll go back with SPB. Until then, I need that functionality

Resco Contact Manager: Awesome program, although many bugs. For instance the "alt" key doesn't work anymore on the phone, also tapping end button on the phone doesn't lock device.

HTC Home: Currently sporting this on my treo at the moment. Works well, although I am bored of it

So... what have you got running at the moment?

I'd love to have SPB going, although would like the task manager to function.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: Which Todayscreen Do You Use?

i was using spb 3.0 but took it out because it doesn't look as cool as in the diamond, so i switch to the standard winmo today screen.... i think is because of the resolution is way better in the diamond
Old 05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC T7279(Touch Pro)/ Treo Pro
Carrier: Telus

_Allan_ is a n00b

Currently Touch Plugin ... I MAY actually switch to the Diamond but I'm not sure ...
Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

I am using MS3. It's a little buggy still, but still worth keeping. I am hoping the new beta 2 that was released today will fix some of the issues on the STP.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Not at the Moment BB TOUR
Carrier: Sprint

CatFishDom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Just getting some feedback on what today screens you guys are sporting on your treo pro's.

What i've tried so far:

Point UI: Looks great, although all applets are justified to the left which is a big gripe

SPB Shell 3: Obviously a pretty great today screen for the treo, although my biggest gripe is it removing HTC Task Manager from the top right of the screen. If anyone knows how to get this back, i'll go back with SPB. Until then, I need that functionality

Resco Contact Manager: Awesome program, although many bugs. For instance the "alt" key doesn't work anymore on the phone, also tapping end button on the phone doesn't lock device.

HTC Home: Currently sporting this on my treo at the moment. Works well, although I am bored of it

So... what have you got running at the moment?

I'd love to have SPB going, although would like the task manager to function.
Have you tried tf2d. Here is a link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=182
Old 05-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

cmhgreg is a n00b

I tried (and bought) SPB Mobile shell 3.0, but I had to remove it due to several annoying bugs (even in the Beta 2 version). For a while, i just used the Today screen with Pocket Digital Clock, Elecont Launcher and the Iconsoft Phonex plug-in. That setup worked flawlessly, but things were still too tiny for my eyes (except the clock).

I am now using the latest version of Winterface and I love it. I've encountered a few glitches, but nothing too serious. It uses only about 5mb of RAM and does not add any noticeable drain on the battery. I'm using the Bright skin and it is great if you have bad eyes and are all thumbs. The name is fitting, because it IS bright even with your backlight turned down to 66% (or even 50%).

I'm still using Phonex, which I highly recommend as well.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

I was always a sad ol' Today screen user but I'm now lovin' the customization you can do in SPB MS3. I do see / use the HTC Task Manager from the SPB Home screens no problem -perhaps I'm not understanding where you don't see it Mike?

3.0.1 Beta 2 is now out too.

Also, not sure if you'd ever tried the ProWidgets. With these I'm able to replicate the normal Pro page in MS3 in the LifeStyle Home or even the new Business Home, and add a left and right page with my personal custom choice of widgets, but with Widgets that were not available in the stock MS3. I've also just read he's updated the widgets for beta 2 as well, and actually added a task manager carousel panel!

Last edited by CovKid66; 05-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

I am also currently using HTC Home along with WeatherPanel, and it is very practical, but like you said mightymike, i am bored with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC T7279(Touch Pro)/ Treo Pro

_Allan_ is a n00b

I switched to the SPB Beta 3.0.1 and it works ok ... took some configing (and me using my brain ...) to realize there were three 'panes' on the Lifestyle Home *L*
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

To be honest, after trying many of these, I don't use any on the Treo Pro. I just like the old school Today screen and plugins--all the rest is just fancy crap that hinders my ability to get things done.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro