PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Incoming Calls / Texts not coming thru at all (HELP!) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120190)

primer 05-04-2010 08:35 PM

Incoming Calls / Texts not coming thru at all (HELP!)

Hi all. Im a newcomer here and to palms in general, and really love the look of my palm pro i purchased last week. Sadly, i have quite an issue with it. I bought it used from a third party (sigh) and i am having hell with it since activation.

Everything works fine on the phone, except that I do not get notice of incoming calls or texts. I can make calls, send texts, use wifi and evdo, but nothing incoming will show up on the phone. only randomly will several texts show up all at once, only to start not going thru again.

ive done extensive tech support thru phone and online, as well as dropped it off at a service center for the weekend. Ive hard resetted who knows how many times and am running no custom cabs. I have the programming pw number to get into the phone thru ##778#, but all the values appear correct. Pretty much every person ive talked to has given up and told me it will have to be sent to factory (for a $130 charge since its used). is the phone DOA? please help!

ooxteme 05-05-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Incoming Calls / Texts not coming thru at all (HELP!)

I would try the ringer update cab from palms website for the call issue and try updating your data profile and prl for the text issue

skeegcpp 05-05-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooxteme (Post 1736093)
try updating your data profile and prl for the text issue

@primer, i have the cabs for the update data/prl if u need, cuz ur custom rom doesnt have it.

update: shit, my work pc wont let me use my flash drive/sd card/phone to upload the cabs for u..but found this here 4ya..

primer 05-05-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooxteme (Post 1736093)
I would try the ringer update cab from palms website for the call issue and try updating your data profile and prl for the text issue

ive already done both updates as well as the ringer.cab. no luck.

skeegccp, ill check out the link and let u know what happens

primer 05-06-2010 07:10 PM

well the cab didnt help. phone still wont ring or receive texts. guess i gotta pay for a refurb

shaggylive 05-06-2010 07:14 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a ## code that will wipe all radio programming, then you can start from scratch.
i'll try to find it, but my codes aren't working so it may take a bit.

ooxteme 05-06-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primer (Post 1738711)
well the cab didnt help. phone still wont ring or receive texts. guess i gotta pay for a refurb

make sure you flash back to the SHIPPED stock rom before you go to a store!!!!!!!!! made that mistake once and never again!!!

primer 05-07-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooxteme (Post 1738727)
make sure you flash back to the SHIPPED stock rom before you go to a store!!!!!!!!! made that mistake once and never again!!!

doesnt really matter since i bought it used online. will just have to trade it in along with 130 bucks for a refurb from palm. is the phone worth it? id like to stay on the EVDO network since my bill is so low these days, and this seems like the best phone available for it