PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro 850
Carrier: Sprint

spiicytuna is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 96 DPI RealVGA on Windows Mobile 6.5

Awesome... I got it working with the MattB rom.

Now... the one other thing that I love about the BigE rom is the 5/6 icons in the start menu. Anyone know how to do that?

update: found it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95932

Last edited by spiicytuna; 04-06-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiicytuna View Post
Awesome... I got it working with the MattB rom.

Now... the one other thing that I love about the BigE rom is the 5/6 icons in the start menu. Anyone know how to do that?
im lookin for that one too...but MM linked a cab for 4 columns
Old 04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have one other problem. I have a black strip at the bottom of my wallpaper between where the wallpaper ends and the icon bar at the very bottom is. I am using a 320x320 wallpaper and have tried a few. How do you guys have your wallpapers all the way down the page and even onto the icon bar at the very bottom?? Am I even making sense?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Am I even making sense?
completely.
i think, since we added this after the rom was built, instead of building it into the rom, this effect will be seen.
u'll only going to cee this with MM or ahax's roms. zevot's roms have RealVGA cooked in already

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-06-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
completely.
i think, since we added this after the rom was built, instead of building it into the rom, this effect will be seen.
u'll only going to cee this with MM or ahax's roms. zevot's roms have RealVGA cooked in already
Sh!t... it's annoying b/c there is that line between my dialer and a couple other apps. The black bar is worth it for the extra space that RealVGA gives but it would be nice to get rid of it....
Old 04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

icongene is keeping up the good workicongene is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sh!t... it's annoying b/c there is that line between my dialer and a couple other apps. The black bar is worth it for the extra space that RealVGA gives but it would be nice to get rid of it....
Guys I have found a fix this as well. Sorry been away for couple of weeks. I was trying to build a rom and and i have ready with 128 dpi. It might take me couple of more days to try and figure out cook with 96 dpi.

As for the temporary fix:
to get rid of the black strip from the today screen and solve the annoying height problem in start menu :
1. Using resco or total commander, copy the attached 'Titanium_320_320.cpr and 'StartMenu_GridScene_320x320.cpr' (4 columns) into the windows folder.
2. Reboot
3. Problem solved!

** Don't copy 'GridScene if you don't want 4 columns***

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Titanium.zip (2.9 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by icongene; 04-07-2010 at 01:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have 5 columns so I didnt copy the gridscene. I only copied the 'Titanium_320_320.cpr', then I rebooted. I still have the black bar...

Wait, was this just suppose to fix the main screen? Or all screens? My main screen is fine, it's the other screens once I click the hardware start menu button.

UPDATE: I got the StartMenu to work. If anyone wants 5 columns and no black bar (after hitting the hardware start button) copy the attached file to /windows and reboot. Volia! You will have 5 columns and no black bar at the bottom. I still have a gap with the black bar on the bottom with apps like the dialer, but hey, at least its not just a black bar of nothing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StartMenu_GridScene_320x320.zip (701 Bytes, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by spiicytuna; 04-07-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I have 5 columns so I didnt copy the gridscene. I only copied the 'Titanium_320_320.cpr', then I rebooted. I still have the black bar...

Wait, was this just suppose to fix the main screen? Or all screens? My main screen is fine, it's the other screens once I click the hardware start menu button.

UPDATE: I got the StartMenu to work. If anyone wants 5 columns and no black bar (after hitting the hardware start button) copy the attached file to /windows and reboot. Volia! You will have 5 columns and no black bar at the bottom. I still have a gap with the black bar on the bottom with apps like the dialer, but hey, at least its not just a black bar of nothing.
Titanium_320x320.cpr fixes the main home screen. To fix the start grid menu, you need to change the cpr file which can be done using notepad.
First you need to copy 'StartMenu_GridScene_320x320.cpr' from the windows folder to sd card. Then change the height to 268.

<GridView ID="Start Menu Items List" Left="-2" Width="320" Height="268" Columns="4" Scrollable="TRUE" HexagonGrid="TRUE" HorizontalWrapAround="TRUE">

Let me know if this worked for you.
<GridView ID="Start Menu Items List" Left="-2" Width="320" Height="268" Columns="4" Scrollable="TRUE" HexagonGrid="TRUE" HorizontalWrapAround="TRUE">
Old 04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by icongene View Post
Titanium_320x320.cpr fixes the main home screen. To fix the start grid menu, you need to change the cpr file which can be done using notepad.
First you need to copy 'StartMenu_GridScene_320x320.cpr' from the windows folder to sd card. Then change the height to 268.
I changed my height to 288 and it works great like that.... my post above, with the attachment, will allow anyone with RealVGA to have 5 columns and no black bar at the bottom. But like I said, I used 288 and it works great.

icongene: Any idea on how do I fix my dialer (skin?) so that it hugs the bottom w/o the space? I know this works in Zevot's ROM but I haven't seen him on the board in a while to ask him....

Last edited by spiicytuna; 04-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I changed my height to 288 and it works great like that.... my post above, with the attachment, will allow anyone with RealVGA to have 5 columns and no black bar at the bottom. But like I said, I used 288 and it works great.

icongene: Any idea on how do I fix my dialer (skin?) so that it hugs the bottom w/o the space? I know this works in Zevot's ROM but I haven't seen him on the board in a while to ask him....
Please post the screen shot.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro