PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: verizon

lakemonster8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Alltel Treo Pro OEM rom

Hello ppc geeks, i flashed my treo pro (alltel) to windows mobile 6.5 when it was in its early stages of being exported to this phone. It was great at first but now im not happy with it. it is just incredibly clunky and i am getting tired of having to soft reset 2 to 3 times a day just to have it frozen again by morning. I have been searching through the forums for a while now and have not been able to find any treo pro wm 6.1 oem roms. If anyone could point me to a 6.1 that will work with the verizon network i am currently on i would greatly appreciate it, or even a windows mobile 6.5 that will work on my network and wont seem as clunky as the current one i have on. In its current state it is just unreliable. I am sorry if this post is on here somewhere else i did lots of searching and could not find anything. Please help!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Allhel

xxTouchFloxx is a n00b
Re: Alltel Treo Pro OEM rom

no one is going to help u with this... i had the same problem and now im stuck in wm 6.5

this is my thread and it just went dead nooo help

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107107

Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro 850
Carrier: Sprint

ericmanoa is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemonster8 View Post
Hello ppc geeks, i flashed my treo pro (alltel) to windows mobile 6.5 when it was in its early stages of being exported to this phone. It was great at first but now im not happy with it. it is just incredibly clunky and i am getting tired of having to soft reset 2 to 3 times a day just to have it frozen again by morning. I have been searching through the forums for a while now and have not been able to find any treo pro wm 6.1 oem roms. If anyone could point me to a 6.1 that will work with the verizon network i am currently on i would greatly appreciate it, or even a windows mobile 6.5 that will work on my network and wont seem as clunky as the current one i have on. In its current state it is just unreliable. I am sorry if this post is on here somewhere else i did lots of searching and could not find anything. Please help!
You could try the stock sprint 6.1 rom I think I remember reading that people were able to use it with Alli-zon... I think it is here:

http://www.crozb.com/SkyWriter_1.12I..._Treo_PRO_.exe

But I would be tempted to try one of the newer general release 6.5 roms and see if that doesn't fix you up.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

lakemonster8 is a n00b

I just miss the more stable version that used to be on it. Another downfall to the 6.5 version i have is the fact it doesnt have the cool plug and play software instalation that the original had, i tried to use ics with it last night on a non internet connected windows 7 computer but of course since it isnt plug and play i was unable to get anywhere without having activesync installed on a cd. ugh
Old 04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Treo Pro Discussion
Old 09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
whiteyonenh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemonster8 View Post
I just miss the more stable version that used to be on it. Another downfall to the 6.5 version i have is the fact it doesnt have the cool plug and play software instalation that the original had, i tried to use ics with it last night on a non internet connected windows 7 computer but of course since it isnt plug and play i was unable to get anywhere without having activesync installed on a cd. ugh
The main problem I have with the whole built-in ActiveSync installer, is that it only works on XP. Vista and Win7 require the Windows Mobile Device Center. Which does not come on the Treo, so you would have had to download it anyways. But yes, I completely agree, there should be a forum thread holding stock roms.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyonenh View Post
The main problem I have with the whole built-in ActiveSync installer, is that it only works on XP. Vista and Win7 require the Windows Mobile Device Center. Which does not come on the Treo, so you would have had to download it anyways. But yes, I completely agree, there should be a forum thread holding stock roms.
there are NO STOCK ROMS for the Treo Pro. Only an Updater released from sprint...

DONATE
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Tags
alltel oem treo pro, alltel rom, oem alltel, treo pro, verizon