PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro 850
Carrier: Metro PCS

Ruckas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Bought used Palm Treo Pro. Questions

Hey all. I'm brand new to the forum and to smart phones. I just bought a used Palm Treo Pro 850 from Ebay. It's a Sprint CDMA. I'm wanting to have it flashed to Metro Pcs. The Metro Pcs store will flash it for $30, but with no data, internet, or picture messaging. I've researched online and some people offer to flash it to get all Metro services for $100. But they want all my passwords and info for my Metro account! Is there a way that I can flash it so everything works after Metro does their initial flash? Also, should I reset the phone to factory settings before I do anything? If so, how do I do this? Thanks!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blwatson is a n00b
Re: Bought used Palm Treo Pro. Questions

Hey there,

I have the Sprint Treo Pro as well and I love the phone. As for the flashing I cannot help you, as I am not tech savvy in that area, but I can tell you how to reset to factory settings:

First, pop of the back cover where the battery is located
then using the stylus press the reset button which should be in about the same position as the end of the stylus.
As soon as you push the button and the phone vibrates immediatley hold down the red "end" key.
You should have a screen that says something like set to factory settings or something like that.
And then you just press up!!

Good luck with the phone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

also, if u have a locked treopro with sprint, with ur msl u can diall ##786#/menu-reset device/input msl then rtn(hard reset) the fone also.
Now as far as unlocking and flashing, it has to be dun in that order the 1st time. After unlocking, u can flash roms via usb or sdcard(my method of choice)
HTH
Old 02-15-2010, 06:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
also, if u have a locked treopro with sprint, with ur msl u can diall ##786#/menu-reset device/input msl then rtn(hard reset) the fone also.
Now as far as unlocking and flashing, it has to be dun in that order the 1st time. After unlocking, u can flash roms via usb or sdcard(my method of choice)
HTH
OK, I'm WAY new to smart phones....lol. So you're saying I need to unlock the phone, reset it, THEN have it flashed? Thanks for the help!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckas View Post
OK, I'm WAY new to smart phones....lol. So you're saying I need to unlock the phone, reset it, THEN have it flashed? Thanks for the help!
check ur PM
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b
Question Re: Bought used Palm Treo Pro. Questions

Hmmm, got a used Treo pro on the way. I have a chance to buy a New Sprint Tre Pro with a Bad ESN for $40. Not much to lose there right? Can I flash IT to Metro Pcs with the bad ESN? I've done a little research, but, no solid answers. Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 02:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ruckas is a n00b

Got the phone today and jumped on the WiFi. Works great. Do I bring it to Metro and have them flash it BEFORE I do anything to it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro