PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Stolen Treo Pro - Need Help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107203)

Kamzilla 01-20-2010 03:04 PM

Stolen Treo Pro - Need Help

Hey guys, have a quick question. My girlfriend's Pro was stolen today (she left it at her desk and someone took it) and I'm wondering if this phone has a remote lock function.

I know that with some phones, you can lock it by calling it and punching in a code. Does the Treo Pro have something similar?

Your help is appreciated.

iceturkee 01-20-2010 04:27 PM

Re: Stolen Treo Pro - Need Help

don't know but did you call sprint to suspend the account? they will do that if you lose or have your phone stolen. its the first thing i do.

Kamzilla 01-20-2010 04:56 PM

Yes, we did that. Thanks.

I'm wondering, once that's done, does Sprint flag the ESN and and make it invalid, or can someone else activate that phone later on?

alau1158 01-20-2010 05:03 PM

from my understanding, Sprint does flag the ESN, but that doesn't mean the person who stole the phone can't use the phone any more, they can either spoof the ESN number or try to get the ESN registered with another carrier. As for locking the phone the only lock i can think of is the default Windows Lock, and if you have it synced with an exchange server, there should be a remote wipe option on the OWA

skeegcpp 01-20-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzilla (Post 1504118)
I'm wondering if this phone has a remote lock function.

if she used MyPhone, u can lock/wipe the fone clean from a pc

Kamzilla 01-22-2010 11:57 PM

Thanks for the advice and replies, guys. Unfortunately, she didn't back her data up or anything, despite me telling her to do so and even offering to do it for her.

I'll be giving her my Pro and will go to a regular phone with the hope that Sprint comes out with some new phones. Unfortunately, I have an awesome plan ($30 a month for text, data, 1100 minutes) and don't have too many options at this time. I don't really want the Touch Pro 2 and am hoping some new phones that will work with my plan come out.

cornholio2000 01-25-2010 12:03 AM

You should subscribe to sprint family locator and track the culprit! It's probably a coworker, which would make things even easier. The only downside is you'd have to leave the phone active while you track them.

I think the first month is free or there is a trial period, so it wouldn't cost you anything =)

cornholio2000 01-25-2010 12:10 AM

I just realized you're in NYC, which would make it pretty difficult....