PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: sprit

Fisticuffs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's wrong with my screen?

I noticed my touch which I stopped using once I got my treo had a weird distortion in a squae area of the screen. It's not really noticeable when the phone is on. The phone was just siitin on a table. Now my treo has the same problem. It's a rainbow like pattern. Visible at certain angles. I have no idea what caused it. Sometimes it goes away but it comes back.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: What's wrong with my screen?

It is caused by the separation of the layers of plastic in the digitizer (outer screen you touch) or in the actual lcd display screen itself.
This happens over time and can also occur when too much pressure is applied to the screen.
The only fix is to replace the digitizer and/or the lcd screen. More than likely just the digitizer.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: sprit
Threadstarter

Fisticuffs is a n00b

your sure? I hadn't used my touch in a while but it was perfectly fine the last time I did. A week after noticing the problem my treo has it. Strange coincindence I guess.

how much is a digitizer and is it easy to repair.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea, H-doc is right. both of my treos did this. i thot it was a device issue, cuz sprint replaced the first one, but i didnt trip the 2nd time it happened, cuz i think i caused it by sleeping on it.(wont be doing that again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
'preciate it

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisticuffs View Post
your sure? I hadn't used my touch in a while but it was perfectly fine the last time I did. A week after noticing the problem my treo has it. Strange coincindence I guess.

how much is a digitizer and is it easy to repair.
Here Bro. Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=digitizer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro