PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
PRL Updating?

Hey, my kid has a Treo 800W and it doesn't have the "Update Profile" or "Update PRL" functions like the Treo Pro, Touch Pro, or any of our other Sprint devices.

Anyone know how to get into EPST on this thing? Can't find it in the Windows folder, and ##778# doesn't do anything. Trying to load the latest Sprint PRL for him.

I tried searching this here, but the 3 letter search restrictions knocks PRL out of the loop.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: PRL Updating?

if u jus wanna update the PRL, that is one thing, Sprint cus care can do
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff

I actually have a PRL from a data card that I'm running on my Touch Pro that I wanted to manually load on it. That's why I was hoping someone knew the way to get it done on a Palm device.

I'm spoiled on HTC gear, so this thing seems kind of a pain in the a** to me.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
I actually have a PRL from a data card that I'm running on my Touch Pro that I wanted to manually load on it. That's why I was hoping someone knew the way to get it done on a Palm device.

I'm spoiled on HTC gear, so this thing seems kind of a pain in the a** to me.
found this on the site...sounds relative to what ur looking for
mayb the cab install might work????

Last edited by skeegcpp; 06-07-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
found this on the site...sounds relative to what ur looking for
mayb the cab install might work????
Well, it's a zipped PRL file, but you still have to be able to ##775# (##PRL#), or ##778# (##PST#). Niether of which work on this device.

I have the PRL file I want to use, just no way to put it in. I could get Sprint to update to the latest common available, but I'm running a version higher than that already.

Thanks for your help all, but it seems with a Palm there's just no easy way of doing this like with other WM devices. I give! LOL
Old 06-08-2009, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
Well, it's a zipped PRL file, but you still have to be able to ##775# (##PRL#), or ##778# (##PST#). Niether of which work on this device.

I have the PRL file I want to use, just no way to put it in. I could get Sprint to update to the latest common available, but I'm running a version higher than that already.

Thanks for your help all, but it seems with a Palm there's just no easy way of doing this like with other WM devices. I give! LOL
sorry bro, ima keep my I open for it

Last edited by skeegcpp; 06-27-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

nadvlad is a n00b

Here you go Veed, this is what you're looking for.
http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-manually.html
There's many other things you can use QPST for. Ebag is the man. He's come up with a lot of tweaks and such. Check it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

##3282# then hit update from there that should update your PRL
Old 06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadvlad View Post
Here you go Veed, this is what you're looking for.
http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-manually.html
There's many other things you can use QPST for. Ebag is the man. He's come up with a lot of tweaks and such. Check it out.
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed! A reminder to use something I've been using for 2 years now! LOL And to think, I had my Touch Pro plugged in using QPST just a couple of weeks ago, and never thought to do the PRL update that way on his 800w. That's how I put the modified Sprint PRL on the Touch Pro when I had it on Verizon.

Why didn't I think of QPST? Seriously, you know it's like when you hear a song and you can't think of who did it... even though you can picture a face.

Thanks again man! This one earned you your 5 rep points for the day.

Last edited by veedubguru; 06-27-2009 at 11:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w