PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
800w Dilema

I am on my third Treo 800w. I got this refurb unit sometime in May and it has already broken on me. At first, the device was showing signs of it not charging. Upon moving the connector at the phone to make sure the contacts are touching, the port broke. I tried to contact Sprint in NYC about the faulty replacement and they told me to contact the Insurance company to file a claim.

I am planning on going to the original Sprint store I got the replacement from to discuss this faulty replacement with them. I need help though because I truly feel I should not have to pay for a faulty replacement but do not know how to approach Sprint without being told to contact insurance.

I plan on saying:

This is my third replacement for this phone. This phone had issues charging and upon moving the charger into the charge port, the port broke.

If they tell me to contact insurance:

I don't feel I must pay insurance for a replacement of this device because the port was giving me issues before the port broke. The port broke under normal wear and tear. The refurbished unit could not handle such usage and has broken as a result.

Please help me. I am tired of these faulty replacements. I also feel like paying insurance will only lead me into another faulty unit.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 800w Dilema

any replacements thru asurion that are bad, u will not have to pay to have it replaced. u may have to go to a sprint repair ctr, so they can verify thats its not working, but if its been supplied by asurion and its bad, u wont have to pay for it to be replaced. my 800w did exactly the same thing(not charging part) and they replaced it with a 850. just tell them that u had so many problems with the 800 and DO NOT want another 800(mention that the usb port is bad or something, cuz its not charging) they might or shud do an advanced exchange for u to get the 850. however, they will not give u an HTC product since u originally have a palm(at least thats what they told me)
Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

My advice to you is do what Skee suggests. If they still do not budge call retentions and tell them how unhappy you are with this device, their service, and you have no problems terminating your contract and going to another carrier.

Last edited by sanmanc; 05-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ok, I came back from Sprint and they are still blaming me for the charging port issue. I explained that the charging port was giving slight issues when I first got it from them and now it completely does not work. They told me I'd have to file a claim or pay a deductible.

My next step is Sprint Retentions (866-235-1185)

Ok, I called retentions and they credited my account for the Asurion replacement. That was easy. The rep (Van) was very kind .

Last edited by JAmerican; 05-31-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Good to hear. Retentions is good to use once you've exhausted other options but beware not to abuse it.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Good to hear. Retentions is good to use once you've exhausted other options but beware not to abuse it.
Definately not. BTW, I'm glad I am getting a Treo 800w. The Treo Pro has less memory and feels sluggish.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmerican View Post
Definately not. BTW, I'm glad I am getting a Treo 800w. The Treo Pro has less memory and feels sluggish.
storage memory is almost tripled with the 850, tho, program memory is a little less, but i definey havent experienced "sluggish" results...and im an 800 supporter still(my last 1 wudnt charge nemore, thats how i got the 850), but my sun's mother still has hers and shes greener than the Grinch..hahaha
and actually, my 800 seemed "sluggish" compared to my 850..IMO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w