PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Random Silence... Help!

I have an issue on my 800W and I think I have read that other users do too. Ar Random times, I will not have any sound on my Treo 800W. NO ringers, no click sound when pushing buttons. NOTHING. I can go into sounds and notifications and play a sound, which I will hear, and then all the sound is back. HOWEVER, later (at a random time), the sound is gone again.

What could be causing this and how to resolve???

I've posted this before on other forums and people have told me to do a HARD RESET and see what happens.. well, I dont know if it was fixed or not by a hard reset with nothing installed since the issue is random and i eventually had to reload my software onto the phone to use (which I did by hand not from a backup).

I need to figure out what is causing ths and how it can be resolved.

Thanks..
Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Random Silence... Help!

if u had this phpne for less than 30 days, mite wanna exchange it for another. the cause is still up in the air, rather hardware or otherwise. kwik question tho, do u have treo alerts installed?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Yes I have treo Alerts installed and have had it installed for months with no issues... now all of a sudden..... Also vista gives me an error when I plug in the usb cable to the phone.. its over 30 days old but I have insurance on it....
Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

one option out of many is, to hard reset, dont install treo alerts, then cee what u get. like i said, i dont use treo alerts anymore cuz it started "trippin"..lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w