PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Sprint

saviles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove Sprint icons on Treo 800w

Hi all,

I've been searching the forums and I haven't seen a way to remove any of the Sprint stuff from the phones. I see plenty of stuff for the Touch Pro and Diamond models but they do not seem to work on the 800w.

I'd like to remove the following icons/software from the phone:
- anything sprint
- pocket express
- sprite backup
etc...

I'd like to script this so i could deploy it to new provisioned phones in our company. This is some of the code i've tried but i got a 'not enough permission'.

Code:
        <characteristic type="%CE2%\Sprite Backup.lnk" translation="install">
            <characteristic type="Delete">
                <parm name="ForceDelete" />
            </characteristic>
        </characteristic>
I hope someone would be able to provide some direction.

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

dcolpi is a n00b
Re: Remove Sprint icons on Treo 800w

If you want to get rid of the icons (so they can't be run), just delete them out of the Windows->Start Menu->Programs folder (you can do this via the activesync cetner on the PC, by opening up Explorer there). If you want to actually remove the functioality itself, that isn't something I am going to be able to help with.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:32 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Here is a thought - Get one device configured exactly the way you want it following dcolpi's suggestion but leave Sprite backup on it for now. Then do a back up using Sprite, saving the file to your sd card of course. Then put that sd card into your other devices and use Sprite to restore from your original back up. Then you can go and delete the shortcut for Sprite on each device. Almost like a Ghost image for Win Mo. Of course you can also copy the file to multiple cards and perform this simultaneously on several devices.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Threadstarter

saviles is a n00b

I deleted the .lnk under "Windows->Start Menu->Programs" and that works just fine for my purpose.

Thanks alot!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Yeah, unfortunately thats all you'll be able to do. Those apps you named are all built into the rom and there is no way of uninstalling them. To my knowledge no one has figured out how to load a custom rom onto the 800w, so we're pretty much sol for as long as I can see.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w