PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

bigwrigg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg
800w How to remove icon from programs menu

Ok so i saw an advertisement for a free program called ScanLife. you scan barcodes and it gives you pricing and product info for free.
Great, its free from the mobile sprint site, i downloaded, installed, didnt work, so naturally i checked for software upgrade, downloaded it, didnt work.

So now i am stuck with 2 icons that say Get ScanLfe and GetScanLife on my Programs menu. However when i click on them i get an error message saying "The file GetScanLIfe cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file."
When the program is installed its not there, this only shows up after i remove the program from the phone using Remove Programs from the Settings area.

I am going out on a limb and gonna guess i will need to get a registry edditor and look for anything related to the programs. I just wanted to make sure i was on the right track.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
rex
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

rex is keeping up the good workrex is keeping up the good workrex is keeping up the good work
Re: 800w How to remove icon from programs menu

If you just want to remove th icons, just go to \\windows\start menu\programs and look for the GetScanLife link and delete it.
Rex
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

If you have SKTools there is an option that will find and erace bad shortcuts, thats what i use.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

go to start/settings/personal tab/menu and uncheck them from the start menu.
then go back into remove programs and remove app if still in list.
then u cud go to program files and/or my documents and delete old folder app was stored in. soft reset, cee what u get...HTH

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-27-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

bigwrigg is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
If you just want to remove th icons, just go to \\windows\start menu\programs and look for the GetScanLife link and delete it.
Rex
Problem solved, i followed the instructions you gave and that removed the icons.

I dont have SKTools that JavierBond69 mentioned but i might look into that sometime in the future if this happens again. This is my 3rd WM device and my first time to run across this problem.

I also took skeegcpp s advice and removed the folder that contained the remainder of the info.
It was under Program Files / ScanLIfe there wre about 5 files in there so i deleted the entire folder.
Pulled the battery and its running like it was. Not that there was a problem before i just didnt like the 2 useless icons in my menu.

Thanks again for the very quick replys.

Last edited by bigwrigg; 01-27-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Glad you got it fix bro...
Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrigg View Post
... Not that there was a problem before i just didnt like the 2 useless icons in my menu...
I know what you mean. I delete several app icons from my programs folder that comes preinstalled on the phone. It bugs me every time I go in there and there are useless icons I never use that just take up space.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I know what you mean. I delete several app icons from my programs folder that comes preinstalled on the phone. It bugs me every time I go in there and there are useless icons I never use that just take up space.
right, but let me get this straight guys, for the useless stuff that Dannz said comes with the phone, they are apps in the rom, correct? so no way around removing them unless u flash a new rom. and since its Palm we're speaking of, thats not gonna happen so easily, is it? just wanted some clarification. TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
You're correct on all accounts. I'm just deleting the link or shortcut to the app to clear the icon out of my Programs folder. Its not actually removed from my device.
gotchya, thanx

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-31-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
right, but let me get this straight guys, for the useless stuff that Dannz said comes with the phone, they are apps in the rom, correct? so no way around removing them unless u flash a new rom. and since its Palm we're speaking of, thats not gonna happen so easily, is it? just wanted some clarification. TIA
You're correct on all accounts. I'm just deleting the link or shortcut to the app to clear the icon out of my Programs folder. Its not actually removed from my device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w