PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

chefrobmiracle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to chefrobmiracle
Gots Me Questions???

OK, so I've asked a few questions on this other site that I've been using for years now and my post just go unanswered. Granted this site(which will remain unnamed) is and probably always going to be dedicated to an older OS(which will also remain unnamed). These are the two questions I have.

1. In the settings menu under the systems tab there is a program called "Managed Programs" What is it and what dose it do? On my old 700p I had this program that had a sandbox function. You would install an app that you where not sure of or how it would work you installed the app with in this. So if you do not want to keep it it was an easy way to make sure everything that was associated with this app was deleted. Is that what the "Managed Programs" is for and how do you use it.

2. When I charge my phone either with the AC cord or with the USB cable I've recently noticed that I only get a 99% charge. I have the USB update installed. I had sometime the other day to play around with it and noticed something. The night before I did a hard reset and didn't install any apps or updates other than the USB one. I didn't charge it over night and plugged it in with about a 60% charge and let it charge for about 2 hours. I got a 99% charge. I unplugged it, used it for a bit, plugged it in again and let it charge for another hour and got a full charge. I did this a few more times and out of maybe five times and twice I got a full charge. Could this be a faulty battery or faulty microUSB port. Has anyone else had this problem. It's not killing me but I was just woundering. I get a full 14 hour day in the restaurant sending/reseving text, email, phone...bla...bla...bla.

Thanks for the help!!!
Read ya Later

For when all you can do is just hold on!!!!
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...X1000-ZX12.flv
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Threadstarter

chefrobmiracle is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to chefrobmiracle
Re: Gots Me Questions???

Ha Ha Ha........... found the answer to the first question. Just had to refine my search.

Managed Programs
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...naged+Programs
Old 01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrobmiracle View Post
2. When I charge my phone either with the AC cord or with the USB cable I've recently noticed that I only get a 99% charge. I have the USB update installed. I had sometime the other day to play around with it and noticed something. The night before I did a hard reset and didn't install any apps or updates other than the USB one. I didn't charge it over night and plugged it in with about a 60% charge and let it charge for about 2 hours. I got a 99% charge. I unplugged it, used it for a bit, plugged it in again and let it charge for another hour and got a full charge. I did this a few more times and out of maybe five times and twice I got a full charge. Could this be a faulty battery or faulty microUSB port. Has anyone else had this problem. It's not killing me but I was just woundering. I get a full 14 hour day in the restaurant sending/reseving text, email, phone...bla...bla...bla
Palm is notorious for this, unlug it, then plug it back then get 100%, nothing new under the sun with that 1, ur battery's fine. as long as u got da "usbupdate" u shud be fine..HTH
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

IIRC, Managed Programs has to do with apps that installed remotely via Mobile Device Manager...I'm not sure that you need to worry about it.

As for your battery...99% and 100% are basically the same thing in the world of ppc's. Sometimes when I charge my phone it'll go to 100% and then as soon as I unplug it drops to 99%. Sometimes when I charge it'll only go up to 99%.

The question you need to ask is how well is your battery holding it's charge.

late,
Coz
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrobmiracle View Post
...2. When I charge my phone either with the AC cord or with the USB cable I've recently noticed that I only get a 99% charge. I have the USB update installed. I had sometime the other day to play around with it and noticed something. The night before I did a hard reset and didn't install any apps or updates other than the USB one. I didn't charge it over night and plugged it in with about a 60% charge and let it charge for about 2 hours. I got a 99% charge. I unplugged it, used it for a bit, plugged it in again and let it charge for another hour and got a full charge. I did this a few more times and out of maybe five times and twice I got a full charge. Could this be a faulty battery or faulty microUSB port. Has anyone else had this problem. It's not killing me but I was just woundering. I get a full 14 hour day in the restaurant sending/reseving text, email, phone...bla...bla...bla.

Thanks for the help!!!
Read ya Later
there's been a lot of discussion about this at TreoCentral. A lot of people have noticed they're only getting 99%. I've hit 100% before but have also noticed that I can let it set at 99% for an hour and it won't hit 100. Just another quirk to add to the long list on the 800w.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
...The question you need to ask is how well is your battery holding it's charge.

late,
Coz
Thats a very good question. I've noticed over the last 3 months my usage is extending a bit. I've read though that I'm about at my peak and it goes down hill very quickly.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I've read though that I'm about at my peak and it goes down hill very quickly.
with the battery or fone?? cuz ive gone thru 2 seidio 1300Mah(i think) batteries since september. now the first battery got fried cuz da fone was shorting out or something, but this one is already 2 months old. dont mind me asking, but where did ya read that at? TIA
Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

khandi is a n00b
Question Re: Gots Me Questions???

Is anyone having problems with Phone receiving charge while in use. while talking on the phone with bluetooth or straight my battery life drains. while internet sharing same thing it doesn't charge.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandi View Post
Is anyone having problems with Phone receiving charge while in use. while talking on the phone with bluetooth or straight my battery life drains. while internet sharing same thing it doesn't charge.
do u have the usbupdate installed. i know that seems simple, but when troubleshooting, u gotta start with the easy/basic stuff first. here's the cab to install if u dont have it already
now, with battery strength at least 40% install cab then soft reset. then u have to charge phone to its says 100%. try not to use it alot during this time. now use it as u wish, cee if theres any difference
Attached Files
File Type: cab treo800w-USBUpdate.CAB (128.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
with the battery or fone?? cuz ive gone thru 2 seidio 1300Mah(i think) batteries since september. now the first battery got fried cuz da fone was shorting out or something, but this one is already 2 months old. dont mind me asking, but where did ya read that at? TIA
I meant the battery. Not sure where I read it, most likely somewhere at treocentral.com.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:17 AM
I love root

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandi View Post
It could depend on what charger you're using. If you're using a generic charger that puts out a small mA (miliAmps) charge then you may actually be using more mA's than the charger can supply.

With the included wall charger and a Sprint branded car charger it will charge my phone will talking. If I'm using my GPS with backlight turned all the way up my car charger very slowly charges my phone. I mean very slowly. After a couple of hours I notice only a 5% charge.

At home, on the wall charger, if I use WMWifiRouter I've noticed that if both my wife and I are connected and using heaving data, like streaming video, the charger can't keep up and the phone will actually lose charge. Thats with an active data connection, wifi on, and the backlight off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w