PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

2000man is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Frequently lose data connection

I am on my 2nd 800w. I have Dashwire (on manual sync), weather panel, soft reset, kinoma, opera and that's is about it. I keep losing data connection and cannot use the internet or check mail. I have to soft reset or turn the phone on and off. This is really annoying. You don't know that your phone isn't checking for new emails until you go the mail screen and see an error displayed. Is there something wrong with my phone or is it the software?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Frequently lose data connection

I am not familiar with Dashwire but if you have it on manual sync then you must initiate the sync. Is there an option to establish connection? Do you have Weather Panel set to update automatically? If you do does it? Did you have the same issue with your first 800w?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Threadstarter

2000man is a n00b

I am not sure what happened with my first 800w. I tried to open Google Maps and received an error. I couldn't get google maps to work, so I removed and reinstalled it. Afterwards, I just got a blue screen of death with two white dots.

WP works and updates every half hour. I feel like the WP data connection is just hanging without closing or something.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

I've ran all the software you're running except for dashwire and have never experienced the problems you're having. I don't recall WP ever causing the connection to hang. You may want to uninstall dashwire and use your 800w for a few days without it to see if thats what is causing the problems.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Iam running the same apps you are running, i have dashwire set to automatic sync, Wheather Panel updates every 30 mins, System Seven warn me of emails as they arrive, never had a problem loosing my data connection, how long do you had this device, has always been that way?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Backup your info, hard reset, restore your info. If problem persists than you have a defective device.

It's very doubtful that an app is causing your data connection to fail.

late,
Coz
Old 01-14-2009, 06:58 PM

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Backup your info, hard reset, restore your info. If problem persists than you have a defective device.

I agree with coz. But I would take a step back. Hard reset and run it for a day and see how it runs. Then install one app at a time and see how it runs. For example, install Dashwire and run it for a day. Runs okay. Install Weather Panel and run it for a day. Repeat until you find the culprit if any. I know its a long process. I would also create a seperate back up after each step. Good luck.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Talking Re: Frequently lose data connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I agree with coz. But I would take a step back. Hard reset and run it for a day and see how it runs. Then install one app at a time and see how it runs. For example, install Dashwire and run it for a day. Runs okay. Install Weather Panel and run it for a day. Repeat until you find the culprit if any. I know its a long process. I would also create a seperate back up after each step. Good luck.
Good way to find out what the problem is, long proscess but a good solution...
Old 01-14-2009, 11:26 PM

I've learned the hard way. That's why I stress seperate backups for each stage.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 PM
VIP PATROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I've learned the hard way. That's why I stress seperate backups for each stage.
Yeah me too...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w