PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4g Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lenin1928 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can a magnetic leather case cover affect the touchscreen?

Interesting subject since I just bought a leather case that uses a magnet in it and the 800w does have a touch screen.

I looked around on the internet and every forum I run across agree that the magnet does not damage the touchscreen.

For future reference.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:06 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Re: Can a magnetic leather case cover affect the touchscreen?

Why would someone think it would?
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I used a krussell case with a magnetic clasp on my 6700 and Mogul and never had an issue.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: StarTec
Carrier: Cellular One

Painter_ is keeping up the good workPainter_ is keeping up the good work

I remember on the PPC 6700 if the magnet was to strong it would trip the keyboard sensor and keep turning the device on. Other than that issue the magnet will not harm a PPC device.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I used a Krussel case on my 700wx with a magnetic clasp for a couple years, and I am using another case with a magnetic clasp as well on my Omnia and I haven't had any issues with the touch-screens at all. I would think if a maget were to mess with a screen, it would have to be more powerful that what it takes to hold a leather flap down!! (plus...I can't recal seeing a case that the magnet is in the front, usually it wraps around the back!!)

Old 12-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Have had a magnetic clasp on my case for my 700wx for nearly 2 years. Have never encountered ANY problem.

late,
Santa Coz
Old 12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin1928 View Post
Interesting subject since I just bought a leather case that uses a magnet in it and the 800w does have a touch screen.

I looked around on the internet and every forum I run across agree that the magnet does not damage the touchscreen.

For future reference.
I would say someone would sure set us up if a magnet would mess up the screen....THE MAN been selling them for years * i think your on to something *
Old 12-24-2008, 01:34 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayushikitsune View Post
I would say someone would sure set us up if a magnet would mess up the screen....THE MAN been selling them for years * i think your on to something *
Sometimes I'd like to find THAT MAN and feed one of my knuckle sandwiches
Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Smile Re: Can a magnetic leather case cover affect the touchscreen?

I have used a magnetic leather case cover on my treo700xw for over a year in a half without a problem, i use one now on my treo800wx without any problems yet...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w