PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo 800w Registry Tweaks Consolidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Does any one know of a hack to remove the bottom tray on the today screen?
Unzip and place the attached execute file somewhere on your PPC then run the execute. Comes back after a soft reset so place in the start up menu if you want it to start automatically after reset.

Part of the LG Pradda setup found here
Attached Files
File Type: zip dciNoBar.zip (595 Bytes, 100 views) Click for barcode!
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:05 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadaddy View Post
How do I download it
What are you trying to download? None of the tweaks are downloadable, but you do need to download a registry editing app. I'll update the first post to include links to apps to edit the registry.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
I have been thinking about starting one of these threads for a while just haven't had time. I am going to make this a sticky for now I will also add it to the FAQ later today thanks for posting dannzeman
Thank you Big D5! I appreciate it. Sorry i haven't been on top of this thread at all this weekend. I switched to a new email in my account and haven't gotten any updates emailed to me about postings in this thread.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve
Does any one know of a hack to remove the bottom tray on the today screen?
Unzip and place the attached execute file somewhere on your PPC then run the execute. Comes back after a soft reset so place in the start up menu if you want it to start automatically after reset.

Big D5, your suggestion will remove the text associate with the softkeys, right? To me it sounded like he wanted the plug-in bar at the bottom to be removed. In any case, this isn't really a registry fix is it? If not, I probably won't update the first post to reflect this, unless an overwhelming majority of people think I should...
Old 10-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:

Thanks Big D5 Ill have to give this a try. What I am looking for is something to do away with the bottom system tray all together on the Today Screen. I used Wise Bar Advanced 3 and it would do away with it. I was unsure if it was worth purchasing though and have since been looking for a hack or other freeware to do away with it.

After installing NoBar it was not what I was looking for but works similarly. It removes the bottom system tray as well as the Bottom task Bar wich has the 2 soft keys Messaging, and Menu. You can still access them the same exact way you just dont see them. Pretty cool app Thanks Big D5. Ill have to mess with it a little more but I can try and see if this may actually work better.

Last edited by Improve; 10-27-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

The Lance is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to The Lance Send a message via MSN to The Lance

Whats a good regedit program? I haven't seen a link posted for it yet..
Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lance View Post
Whats a good regedit program? I haven't seen a link posted for it yet..
yeah sorry about that. ill try and get those links up tonight. for now a good free registry editor is Total Commander
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Big D5, your suggestion will remove the text associate with the softkeys, right? To me it sounded like he wanted the plug-in bar at the bottom to be removed. In any case, this isn't really a registry fix is it? If not, I probably won't update the first post to reflect this, unless an overwhelming majority of people think I should...
You are correct it is a execute file and not registry hack so no need to add to the list but I figured it might help solve "Improve's" problem so I posted it.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
You are correct it is a execute file and not registry hack so no need to add to the list but I figured it might help solve "Improve's" problem so I posted it.
Absolutely, I don't have a problem with that. I hope I didn't make it sound like I did. I'm all about trying to help someone solve their problem as I know you are too. I just wanted to double check how the fix was implemented (reg or exe or some other method). Thanks mate, cheers!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

added reg tweak:

Quote:
7. Tired of the Palm SMS app limiting you to 1 message at 160 characters? This allows you write up to 10 messages at once.

HKLM\software\palm\varnish\messaging\sms
MaxPartsPerMsg to 10 (from 1)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w