PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got phone as modem to work

Did you go into the registry and delete the ICS Helper.dll?
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

kaw900r is a n00b
Cool Re: Got phone as modem to work

No I didn't I was thinking since i IS was working I didn't have to do that. But ifthat is the only way to get it to work I will give it a go. What all do i delete is it the entire line or just the ICS Helper.dll? Like I said haven't ever messed with the registry on a phone. I am a computer geek but the phone thing i am just getting into tweaking. t/y

Last edited by kaw900r; 12-01-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 PM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

Ok now i need ur help. I tried the PHP reg and it ruined my phone by deleting software i had installed. I unchecked items already on my phone and it deleted them. SO now that i have redone my phone I do like that Resco you suggested but could u tell me howto do the registry delete. I plan on buyign it before thrial expires but need to know where to look for the line to delete. Cause i don't have a clue right now. Also PHP fix deleted my cab file for ICS go figure. hahaha boy wasit and has thisbeen a learning curve. t/y much=D>
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

Ok yes this is a good piece of software. Followed the path go figure and found the extension and deleted it. Is there anything else or any software i need to run with it for it cause i am still not receiveing data when i check status andtry repair and it says tcp\ip not installed for this device.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, u can try this .cab file??? once u install, go to settings/connections/connections/advanced/select networks/then edit under My ISP.
u shud now c 3 options(auto pick-phone as modem-power vision)...make sure power vision is selected, dont change it.

Now use WMDC(for vista) or Activesync(for XP) to connect ur phone to ur computer. once ur connected, tap da internet sharing icon on ur today screen, hit connect..it shud then say sumthin like, "check ur usb connection" or sumthin like that, then say connected.

Now, launch ur browser of choice on ur computer, then violla...browse away, my friend
Old 12-01-2008, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

gimme a sec for da upload..slite tech diffs..my back
Old 12-01-2008, 11:27 PM
VIP Member

ok..hopefully that worked. dos .can can b found on this site, so no credit for me pleez, but when it worx out for ya..never hesitate>thanx button-ate...lol
Attached Files
File Type: cab PAM.CAB (3.9 KB, 89 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 PM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

That's what i am talking about. Now if it is that easy what is the downside.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

well, did u try it out for me?? that was da 1st time i uploaded on here from my fone...if u were able to download/install/and use..lemme kno
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
VIP Member

lol..downside??? well, like da previous guy was askin....can the carrier kno ur using PAM w/o a plan??....technically, no...but if u average lets say only 500MB or so of KB usage...then spike up to like 4 GB, then mayb...however, if u always use ur fone to browse da web like I..then they prolly cudnt tell...i guess i need to reiterate the disclaimer:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
YOU CAN BE CHARGED FOR CASUAL DATA USAGE USING THIS .CAB FILE
ONCE AGAIN, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

there, now i feel a lil better..but..its really low maintenance, sumtimes i have to end task in da manager(internet sharing)...then re-open it to establish a connection, but thats about it, for a "downside"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w