PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got phone as modem to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
after going to the internet sharing and then settings. all i have is forcecellconnection???
any ideas???
Are you using the 800w?
Did you follow the instructions in the first post?
Quote:
1) D/l & install Resco Explorer. Make sure you get the registry plug-in also. http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/
2) Using registry editor......HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
3) Start -> Programs -> Internet sharing -> Connect (I'm using USB cable)
Make sure you're data connection is connected before you plug in your USB cable and hit 'Connect'. Also, in ActiveSync on XP and WMDC on Vista, uncheck the box for 'Allow USB connections'.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
Having issues tried the latest internet sharing cab and now my connect button is disabled when i go to internet sharing. Seen the post here last night but can't find it now any help would be greatlt appreciated. t/y
I noticed you're using the 700wx. What version of WinMo are you using? This thread is specific to the 800w running WM6.1, so if you're running a custom 6.1 rom I would think it should work for you. Although, I'm not sure about that internet sharing cab. Where did you get it?
Was internet sharing working for you before and now its not or are you just trying to get it working for the first time?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

kaw900r is a n00b
Cool Re: Got phone as modem to work

I see the software says it is for the mogul in a treo post. Does it work on the treo 800w? I loaded a cab to get internet sharing to work and connect but when i check status i only have sent and no receive. what do i need to do to correct this issue? It doesn't show an ip address just that it is connected and a shared mobile device.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:26 PM
I love root

Quote:
I see the software says it is for the mogul in a treo post. Does it work on the treo 800w? I loaded a cab to get internet sharing to work and connect but when i check status i only have sent and no receive. what do i need to do to correct this issue? It doesn't show an ip address just that it is connected and a shared mobile device.
I don't know what you're talking about. You need to answer the questions I asked in the previous post so I can help you. I didn't have to install anything on my 800w to get internet sharing to work. What cab are you talking about and where did you get it? Is your phone running the stock rom and what version of Windows Mobile are you using?
Old 11-28-2008, 02:46 PM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

WM 6.1 i thought i got the cab off of this sight but it made it possible for me to connect IS then plug in usb and i see it as shared but connection not receiveing, I did try to repair and it said tcp\ip not installed or drivers not installed. I was going to try to do the tweak but since i never went into reg on phone i opted to use the cab i found. I am trying to use it with my panasonic cf-72 laptop. t/y for any help
Old 11-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I love root

Is it a specific program that you're trying to use? Is it WMWifiRouter?
Have you tried going into the registry and deleting the ICS Helper.dll?
Maybe try grabbing some screen shots of your phone so I can see exactly what is going on. here is a free simple to use app: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...creenshot.html
Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

No special sofrware just made it so i could connect to internet sharing and thought that should allow me to use my usb cable to connect and use as wireless or modem of some sort. It shows it is connected but it isn't receiving. I will take some screen shots once i get back. t/y
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 AM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

I think i finally got the screen capture mastered. It pays to pay attention to ur smartphone sometime. I have added2 pics of what i see in Internet sharing. Once i connect to the internet i thenconnect my usb cable and i get sent but no recieve when i look at status in internet connections. It does show a local shared connection but can't actually use it. t/y
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (8.8 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen05.jpg (8.1 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I love root

Quote:
I think i finally got the screen capture mastered. It pays to pay attention to ur smartphone sometime. I have added2 pics of what i see in Internet sharing. Once i connect to the internet i thenconnect my usb cable and i get sent but no recieve when i look at status in internet connections. It does show a local shared connection but can't actually use it. t/y
Are you using Windows XP or Vista? If you're using XP you'll have to have ActiveSync installed and if you're using Vista you'll need Windows Mobile Device Center. In ActiveSync or WMDC you'll need to find the check box for 'Allow USB connections' and make sure that is NOT checked. In my Internet Connections it shows up as Local Area Connection 11 Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:05 AM
N00b

kaw900r is a n00b

Using XP andi unchecked the usb box as u said but still the same i get sent but no recieved. I went to do a repair and it says tcp\ip not present for this connection. How do i add itifthat istheonly problem? t/y

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w