PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 800w (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Got phone as modem to work (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33477)

dannzeman 12-02-2008 12:59 AM

Re: Got phone as modem to work

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 553776)
ok..hopefully that worked. dos .can can b found on this site, so no credit for me pleez, but when it worx out for ya..never hesitate>thanx button-ate...lol

What is this cab that you posted? Where did you get it and what exactly does it do? Thats confusing me because I didn't have to install anything to get ICS to work. I just deleted the ICS-Helper.dll as instructed in the first post of this thread and it worked perfectly.

Kaw900r, glad to hear you finally got it working. Sorry I couldn't help you with it.

skeegcpp 12-02-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannzeman (Post 554117)
What is this cab that you posted? Where did you get it and what exactly does it do? Thats confusing me because I didn't have to install anything to get ICS to work. I just deleted the ICS-Helper.dll as instructed in the first post of this thread and it worked perfectly.

Kaw900r, glad to hear you finally got it working. Sorry I couldn't help you with it.

i got it from this site...just don't remember who or where(remember, no drinky when working on PPC, well i broke dat rule then...so i dont remember sh**, but it worked)......sorry for da vague response, but...what can i say??? wait...i jus had an epiphany...or sumthin like it...lol.....it allows u to use ur original NAI, and use it for a modem vs. a PAM NAI, which u wud have to pay for

kaw900r 12-02-2008 08:18 AM

:drunken:Yes thought that was clear. Working like a charm with a good ip and everything. Reason why the other might not have worked might be due to the ICS cab i had installed before might have given it a conflict. But like I always say it is all about testing. When u like to be on the cutting=D> edge every now and then u might get cut.

skeegcpp 12-02-2008 08:32 AM

cool beans...:rr:..glad i cud help

howey1212 02-01-2009 12:41 AM

I have a treo 700wx v1.13 with wm6.1 rom from raven at xda and this works perfect with the usb cable. i was wondering if anyone is using bluetooth with the 800w? i cant seem to get it working. i can get it to work with bluetooth the old fashion way but the connection isnt as stable as ICS.

howey1212 02-01-2009 02:52 AM

just figured it out and it is more stable!!! now im wondering if anyone is doing this with a 700wx, has software version 1.15 and wm6.1 and can still use the usb cable? tethering is twice as fast for me using the usb cable and the update might speed up my bluetooth speed.

also, someone should link this to 700wx forum

quietkvj 02-01-2009 10:51 AM

i'm using the 800w via bluetooth and with the CNET test i'm coming up as 467.3kbps. i think that's pretty good.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/402114073.png

bones1014 02-24-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamrock (Post 380966)
jjwang: I'm not an expert on this by any stretch (seeing as how I just did it) but I followed the directions exactly as they are
1) Registry Editor...
2) HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
3) Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
4) Wait 5 minutes and grab a Coke
5) Soft-Reset
6) Establish internet connection (open Internet Explorer etc)
7) Plug in USB cable to computer and phone
8) Start -> Programs -> Internet sharing -> Connect

And that's it. I followed those steps and it worked perfectly. Here's my speedtest (says file's over the limit. blah:

Worked good for me! We'll see what happens.

wallman 02-25-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabdelkader (Post 372169)
I am trying to delete the reg key on the 800w and it is saying access denied. Do you know how i can delete it?

i cant find the file. where exactly is it located

DavidIQ 02-25-2009 04:23 PM

Registry keys aren't files...

You need to get a registry editor, use it to find the registry key, and then delete it as instructed.