PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

ryu hayabusa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 800w Reviews

800w is the best!!!! just kidding.......
Old 04-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

Basato is a n00b

I have only had my 800w for a few days now and so far and I really like it, but that may be because it is MY (used parents a few times) first WM phone. I only see a few problems with it, one is the most well known of the problems, battery life, but meh that ain't a big deal as long as I charge it everyday :P. The software is pretty weird as it doesn't close programs when you press the X... that kinda sucks but there is a fix. Not a big range of customizability like a Media WM phone, but that is okay. The keypad I am defiantly NOT a big fan of, used to the sliding keypad but I can get used to it. A lot of the settings are hard to change as you gotta hunt them down to change. And finally seeing as I have NO CLUE how to add ROMs and the such (gotta find a good guide and somebody who is willing to answer my retarded questions from time to time), it is not the best phone for me but overall it is SWEET!! I'd have to give it like 8.9/10 compared to all the other Palms I have seen, and buisness WM phones as well... so... who wants to answer my "retard" questions I think of from time to time? And like 40% of them are so dumb that I am 90% sure that the forum doesn't have answers, yes I am that WM-tarded [insert stupid pun that makes me look like a dip****]. >.<
Old 04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basato View Post
And like 40% of them are so dumb that I am 90% sure that the forum doesn't have answers, yes I am that WM-tarded [insert stupid pun that makes me look like a dip****]. >.<
guess what, about 90%(ok, i didnt conduct a survey or nething, was jus guessin......but actually might not be a bad idea for an off topic thread) but 90% of the people here felt the same way u do now, when we joined the community. including me(and i still feel that way)..but, thats why we're here. to obtain, share, test, debate, joke around, and help eachother with these PPCs...never hesitate to ask
PEACE

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-11-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

mthstc is a n00b

I want to try 800w, but almost guy said it very bad with battery life and sound. It must charge every day and the sound is very shocking. Do you have the same???
Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthstc View Post
I want to try 800w, but almost guy said it very bad with battery life and sound. It must charge every day and the sound is very shocking. Do you have the same???
como?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w (first one 3/1/09)
Carrier: Sprrrrint

cr4west is a n00b

I decided to give the 800w a shot after using a rather battered used WM 750v Treo (cheeta?) during a vacation in Panama. I have been using palm OS phones for 5 years now and the leap from my 700p to the 800w has been interesting. I now like it a lot.
Panic ensued at first figuring out what WM applications are a direct replacement for the familiar Palm ones without dropping $20 everywhere to everyone. It took me about a week of forum reading to get it together. Frequently I was surprised with improved functionality.
I like the ability to switch between running applications fast with data portability between applications. Some users express dismay when applications do not close the same way as palm OS but I appreciated it. While working with clients I can toggle between navigation / phone calls (BT headset of course) / email / messaging / dedicated real estate database application.
Tethering to my laptop I tried PDAnet and WM Internet sharing. I was amazed at how fast internet sharing performed.
The Treo 800w USB host allows me to use peripherals for photo and data transfer on the run when BT file transfer is not an option. This means I can submit data without heading back to the office. Huge saving in time and fuel.
Missing headset jack bothered me at first but the USB audio adaptor solved that problem so I can have my tunes while cycling.

The Seidio 2600mah battery upgrade gives about 6+ hours talk time, not sure about stand by time but it is at least 16 hours or more.
Navigation is blazing fast and built in also (as long as I am in USA service area). Having fun with the Bikedashboard application on my bike. Love weatherpanel.
Spent some time with the various tweaks to improve performance and using sprite backup to get the 800w to where I want it. I like being able to control the characteristics of the phone but this optional registry editing activity may not be appealing for everyone.
Ringer and Audio alerts volume improved with the Treoalerts modification by Ebagg at : http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-800w/175091-increase-volume-800w.html

I am now exploring voice command. It allows you to use your voice to make calls, input navigation destination, even livesearch now utilizes voice command for input. Some pronounciation has its quirks but it works well.

The 800w gives power in a small light package.

Sadly I sold my 700p for $100 yesterday... I guess I am not turning back.

(tech evolution time line: ericsson 5600> Mitsubishi T250> Sanyo 5300> Samsung I-500> Treo 650p>Treo 700p> Treo 750v> Treo 800w)

Last edited by cr4west; 09-07-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

man how i loved this phone. still wish i had it. i loved the look. it had a true pda look. the keyboard was amazing. the camera was one of the best camera phone i have owned at the time. the only con was the battery life

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w