PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
800W SLIDE THEME!!! by SYanni

So my close buddy works for sprint and they made him the 800W advocate... He's never used windows mobile and kinda doesn't like it... they gave him an 800W but he's not convinced he wants hit... he asked me.. "if i give you this phone for a night, can you pimp it out for me?"

Absolutely.... ummm.. one little problem... THERE"S A TON OF STUFF THATS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IT!!! I almost let him down.... until i thought i'd try this...

Here is my Slide theme for the 800W!!! And my god, it is sooooo much nicer on this phone than my touch!!! The resolution, transition, pretty much everything runs smoother on this device... the 800W is a BEAST! All pages animate in direction you slide them. To hide, slide that direction again.

There are no weather images showing because he has not activated the phone and weather panel wouldn't retrieve a forecast. If you wanna see what they look like before downloading, just look at my same theme for the touch.

The only issue is with WAD2, then END key doesn't turn the device screen off, so in the settings menu in my theme, i added a simple button that does so.

I hope you guys digg... i couldn't find anything really cool compatible with this phone, but future apps will be ridiculous, cuz like i said, this thing is a BEEEEAST!

please download the official wad2.

here seems to be the fix for gettin this baby working again, MUCH THANKS TO CYKOCOCO::
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykococo View Post
Actually got this bad boy to work finally on my Treo Pro,
Very smooth app and looks great.
Hint: Dont copy the Dektop App file when you overwrite files in Lakeridge folder..

Attached Files
File Type: zip To Storage Card.zip (5.90 MB, 848 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip To Storage Card 2.zip (5.12 MB, 611 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip To Storage Card 3.zip (5.58 MB, 591 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip 800W Slide Theme.zip (602.4 KB, 734 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt INSTRUCTIONS.txt (3.5 KB, 983 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by syanni85; 11-26-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: WAD2 RC6
This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 800W SLIDE THEME!!! by SYanni

wow, looks great now i want a 800 and i love my touch. ill wait to see what you can do with the diamond if you have plans. keep up the good work. 800 owners rejoice
Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
wow, looks great now i want a 800 and i love my touch. ill wait to see what you can do with the diamond if you have plans. keep up the good work. 800 owners rejoice
I'ma get the diamond the minute it comes out... so sep 3rd i plan to have atleast something in the works lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

xXRalphNaderxX is a n00b

Can it be installed using the fourth Zip file alone?

I answered my own question by actually reading!!

Also when i installed the wisbardesktop, it said that it expires on the 30th of october?

Last edited by xXRalphNaderxX; 08-05-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have to admit, this looks pretty sweet (I am keeping track of this app for when VZW gets the 800w.....followed very closely by ME getting the 800w LOL), my only question would be about customization...is it easy to change icons, colors, backgrounds...... (not that I would, I may love it all, just wondering)!!!!

Now....if A_C can get S2U2 going on the 800w, that would be a sweet blend of apps!!!!

P.S. Two other questions I just thought of....what weather app do we need, or can it use a few (EDIT...I just say WeatherPanel is used....bunus point!!!!)? Plus...what Contact Manager do we need, or is it part of the app? (also, can we customize the app to use other weather and contact apps?)

Thanks, great post!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRalphNaderxX View Post
Can it be installed using the fourth Zip file alone?

I answered my own question by actually reading!!

Also when i installed the wisbardesktop, it said that it expires on the 30th of october?
wad2 is still in beta and they release updates frequently. all u need to do is install the update, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I have to admit, this looks pretty sweet (I am keeping track of this app for when VZW gets the 800w.....followed very closely by ME getting the 800w LOL), my only question would be about customization...is it easy to change icons, colors, backgrounds...... (not that I would, I may love it all, just wondering)!!!!

Now....if A_C can get S2U2 going on the 800w, that would be a sweet blend of apps!!!!

P.S. Two other questions I just thought of....what weather app do we need, or can it use a few (EDIT...I just say WeatherPanel is used....bunus point!!!!)? Plus...what Contact Manager do we need, or is it part of the app? (also, can we customize the app to use other weather and contact apps?)

Thanks, great post!!!
in wad2 Everything can b customized easily. after going into author mode, tap n hold on what u wanna change n select properties.

for the wallpaper, tap n hold select wallpaper.

weather: tap hold select settings then weather tab.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

looks nifty. i think (in time), there will be more apps/themes available fer the phone.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

oneformula is a n00b

very cool... but i had to remove it as it was crashy and buggy.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneformula View Post
very cool... but i had to remove it as it was crashy and buggy.
odd... what else do u have installed... ran perfect for me.

it wasnt working properly when i installed ftouchsl... had to remove that
Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

oneformula is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
odd... what else do u have installed... ran perfect for me.

it wasnt working properly when i installed ftouchsl... had to remove that

i have nothing on it other than what came with it from sprint and office communicator.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w