PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Registry Tweak Script for Treo800w

I created a script using MortScript to enable or disable a number of registry tweaks, all of which can be found in this thread. I prefer doing my registry edits this way as opposed to a cab install because I can individually select which tweaks I want to turn on or off.

Here's a screen shot:

Selecting either of the Tweaks List will list all the tweaks so you can pick them individually.
You can select to have all the registry edits turned on at once.
You can have them go back to default all at once.
Or, you can enable/disable them one at a time if you like.
Once you make your decision go back to main menu and select 'Quit' and it'll ask you to soft reset your device. I'd recommned you do that.

If you're having any problems please post here.

Some of these registry edits are specfic to the 800w so if you want to try them on another device be my guest. But I take no responsiblity for any harm you may cause. If you would like me to start writing scripts for other devices let me know and I'll start a new thread in the Registry forum.

The zip file contains the Mortscript cab (install the ppc version) which you'll have to install to run the script. It will also contain a file called dannzemans800wRegistryScript.mscr This is the file that you run, just by clicking it, after you install Mortscript. You can save the .mscr file anywhere on your device.

Install instructions:
1. Download the zip file to your phone. (An easy way to do this is to use your computer browser, right click on the zip file and select "Copy Link Location", past this link into an email, leave the subject line blank, and send the email as a text message by sending it to yourphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com. When you get the text, click the link, it will open in PIE and you can save it anywhere you want on your device. I do it this way because I don't like to connect my phone to my pc to transfer files)
2. Open the zip file and install the Mortscript cab.
3. Extract my script to anywhere on your device and click it to run it.
4. Viola.

Now, a list of the registry edits I've included:
1. Make the end key turn the screen off instead of taking you to the Today screen then shutting the screen off.
2. Increase the ringer volume.
3. Disable the security warning when installing non-certified apps.
4. Disalbe the initiate call beep.
5. Increase SMS limit from 1 to 10 messages. You only need to do this if you are using the stock Palm threaded messaging. If you switched to allow WM6.1 to handle threaded messaging you don't need to do this.
6. Get ICS working properly.
7. Enable synchronization between 2 Exchange accounts.
8. Silence the charger connect or disconnect sound.
9. Silence the beeps when you change volume during a call.
10. Enable digital zoom.
11. Enable white balance in the camera.
12. Turn off the camera shutter sound.
13. Enable repeat sound option in Sounds a& Notifications for text messages.
**Note** There are two options for this. If you're using the default Palm threaded SMS only enable the tweak that says "PalmSMS". If you've changed it to allow Windows Mobile to handle threaded SMS then use the one that says WM6.1SMS. If you enable both or the wrong one then the sound notification will continue to repeat even after you've read the message.
14. Display the date on teh top bar above the clock.
15. Add the AM/PM notification next to the clock.

As more registry edits get added to this thread I'll probably add them to the script.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.

Last edited by dannzeman; 03-09-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added install instructions.
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Re: Registry Tweak Script for Treo800w

So, anyone thats tried this have any thoughts? Good? Bad?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour/ Treo Pro

integra144 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
So, anyone thats tried this have any thoughts? Good? Bad?
I did and it works great. Thanks very much. Can you explain what each of the menu means Tweak List Enable, Return Default.

I like the in call volume beeps when changing it how do I enable this feature? Or choose specific features to turn on and off.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I did and it works great. Thanks very much. Can you explain what each of the menu means Tweak List Enable, Return Default.

I like the in call volume beeps when changing it how do I enable this feature? Or choose specific features to turn on and off.

Thanks
The menu item titled "Tweak List - Enable" is a list of each tweak available. To enable one you scroll down to it, select it, and the screen should refresh. Once you've made all your selections scroll down to "Back to Main".
T
hen select "Quit", and "Yes" to reset your device so the changes you made take effect.

The menu item "Tweak List - Return to Default" will give you the same list of tweaks as "Tweak List - Enable", but when you select then you will be returning to the default registry value, just the way it was before you made any adjustments.

The beeps when you adjust the volume in a call should be on by default. The tweak here is to turn them off so you don't anything when you adjust the volume while in the middle of a phone call.
If you don't hear any beeps when you do this and you want to hear them then try going to "Tweak List - Return to Default", and select "In Call Volume Beep - Default". Then select "Back to Main", then "Quit", then "Yes". If that dosen't work you may have a bigger problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work

just downloaded and works good

[/U]
Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmedina View Post
just downloaded and works good
cool, glad you like it. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Excellent work Mr. Dannz. It reminds me alot of Treo Alerts. but great job my man. Will update accordingly
Old 01-07-2009, 08:26 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
Excellent work Mr. Dannz. It reminds me alot of Treo Alerts. but great job my man. Will update accordingly
Thank you. Although it doesn't really alert you about anything . And again, I'm always open to suggestions about how to improve stuff.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Thank you. Although it doesn't really alert you about anything .
lol, i didn't mean like an "alert". You know how treo alert's layout looks like. That is what i meant. Once you run the program, u can only choose options from in the box, it's not a drop down, but you catch my drift. *I warned, I suck at typing, lol* But there lies the correaltion, the layout. No way or shape am i implying that this is bad, or needs improvement. Perfect and practical how it is. Jus the layout, and the fact that u have to choose only from the options available to exit, you can't just hit the close button, you know, like in treo alerts..sorry for that, jus wanted to make sure you understood where i was coming from.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

ah. i see what you're saying. no harm done.

looks like the 800w forum is really slowing down...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w