PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo 800w
Carrier: pocket

papijames is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No MMS in palm treo 800w flash to Pocket Comm

Hello All,
I have a 3yrs old and a 1yr old and things tend to stop working after they touch them. Their latest victim happened to be my Sprint Treo 800w which was flashed to work on the network of Pocket Communication (which got bought out recently by Cricket Wireless).
At first I used to receive and send MMS but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only send regular text now. I still have the Internet working.
I have the sprint softwares currently install. (One is the Winpm.cab and the other is the picturemail_0.2.2.3.cab) then I have downloaded a program label (enable Palm MMS.cab, which shows up as Ebag enable palm MMS in the phone).

For the Internet under Modem it reads
Under Modem Setting I have

Name: my connection
Number: #777
Selet a Modem: Cellular Line
Username: mycellnumber@ 1x.pocket . com
Password: mycellnumber

Under the Advance Tab User server-assigned IP address is selected

Under Proxy Setting I have

Http Proxy: mobileweb.pocket.com Port 9200
Wap Proxy: wap.pocket.com Port 9200
Secure Wap: doesn't have any setting
Socks: is empty without any setting

My registry read
Default : (value not set)
CallbackNumber: my actual cell number
EmaiCenterNumber: 6245
LastKnownSmsMMmsPolicy: 1
LogginEnabled: 0
MessageCenterNumber:
MmsGatewayAddress:
MmsUrl: mms/ sprintpcs.com /servlets /mms
NetworkProfile: The Internet
UseMnaualNetworkSettings: 1

Can anyone see something wrong in my settings? why can't I send or receive MMS now when I once use to do it?

Thank you all in advance
Old 05-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: No MMS in palm treo 800w flash to Pocket Comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by papijames View Post
Hello All,
I have a 3yrs old and a 1yr old and things tend to stop working after they touch them. Their latest victim happened to be my Sprint Treo 800w which was flashed to work on the network of Pocket Communication (which got bought out recently by Cricket Wireless).
At first I used to receive and send MMS but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only send regular text now. I still have the Internet working.
I have the sprint softwares currently install. (One is the Winpm.cab and the other is the picturemail_0.2.2.3.cab) then I have downloaded a program label (enable Palm MMS.cab, which shows up as Ebag enable palm MMS in the phone).

For the Internet under Modem it reads
Under Modem Setting I have

Name: my connection
Number: #777
Selet a Modem: Cellular Line
Username: mycellnumber@ 1x.pocket . com
Password: mycellnumber

Under the Advance Tab User server-assigned IP address is selected

Under Proxy Setting I have

Http Proxy: mobileweb.pocket.com Port 9200
Wap Proxy: wap.pocket.com Port 9200
Secure Wap: doesn't have any setting
Socks: is empty without any setting

My registry read
Default : (value not set)
CallbackNumber: my actual cell number
EmaiCenterNumber: 6245
LastKnownSmsMMmsPolicy: 1
LogginEnabled: 0
MessageCenterNumber:
MmsGatewayAddress:
MmsUrl: mms/ sprintpcs.com /servlets /mms
NetworkProfile: The Internet
UseMnaualNetworkSettings: 1

Can anyone see something wrong in my settings? why can't I send or receive MMS now when I once use to do it?

Thank you all in advance
Not really sure if cricket has begun the migration yet. But that would be where to start. Contact pocket and have the mms refreshed. If it still has problems shoot me a PM and I'll lead you in the right direction to get the mms working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

papijames is a n00b

Thank you for replying. the techs at pocket don't want to help because it's not a pocket phone. She gave me such a hard time. Guess theres a conflict in my phone with so many different Messaging softwares in it.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the treo 800 is a tricky phone. i never had any luck with internet or mms when flashing to cricket
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

papijames is a n00b

OK I finally got this thing figured out. All the settings were right except for the Mms Url. Since this one is no longer in the sprint network, all I had to do is changed the Mms url is http: // mms.pocket.com/servlets/mms and now I have regular SMS and MMS
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro

reves is a n00b

How and where did you go to enter these settings? I have a sprint treo pro flashed over to pocket and I added the cab palm 800w sms threading cab and I was able to receive pics for about a week. But I too have kids and they love to play the games and now I cant send or receive pics. Anything anyone could do to help would be much appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w