PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 07:16 PM
N00b

SVT6700 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
750v with cingular data unlimited

I currently have the 700wx with sprint and i love it. however I had the chance to check out a 750v because a guy I work with had one. The data speeds are awesome... I would love to switch but its so hard to justify when Sprint has unlimited data for 15 per month and Cingular is 39.99...for all you guys that have the 750v is there anyway to get the data cheaper? I would love to switch... I was hoping Cingular may have something like Sprint has called sero...thanks
Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Lurker

pogiboy9 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pogiboy9
RETENTION! lol threaten to switch because of cheaper service...
Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
i have a Sprint 700wx also. I was talking with someone with a 750, and the topic of phone calls and microphone quality and background noise was brought up, by me. The 700wx picks up EVERYTHING in the background, and I have had alot of complaints. I've discussed this plenty of times, and keep bringing it up because I cannot see it not being a problem. I've spoken to poeple with Treos (650 / 700wx) over the phone and the background noise is offensive, and can often overwhelm the person that is trying to talk.

My long winded and drawn out question is..... does the 750 have the same problem?

I don't really care about EVDO vs. EDGE (I don't have 3G in my home city yet). Well, I do care about it for when I tether, but my city is flanked by 3G coverage, so it's only a matter of time before it makes its way to me.

But after using a Treo, it is very, very hard to go back to a regular cell phone.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SVT6700 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogiboy9
RETENTION! lol threaten to switch because of cheaper service...
i really don't think its a matter of retention rather a matter of 15 dollars versus 40 for wireless internet... I really like my 700wx but something about 3g lol... i guess i should just wait for evdo rev-a and the new treo when it comes out...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
You can technically get 3g speeds out of the Cingular/ATT $20 unlimited plan. The plan is designed for the crappy little phones that have limited Internet connectivity and the $39 plan is for PDA phones like the Treo. I've heard that they are switching people over to the plan if they see your data usage on the $20/mo plan is too high or they just give you a huge bill. I left Cingular over a year ago, so I can't say from experience if they are currently doing that.

I'm with Sprint and with the SERO pricing I will not look back. If you can wait, stick with Sprint as they don't care if you are using a crappy phone or a PDA phone on the $15/mo data plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v