PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: BB9700
Carrier: ATT

jlaw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That old "ActiveSync restarting itself" issue

Just picked up a 750 to play around with (contemplating a switch from Sprint) and I noticed that even after being closed with MagicButton and when disconnected from the PC, ActiveSync starts itself up every 5 minutes. I shut it down, it comes right back.

I searched and found no real solution to this issue. If I use the ancient "fix" from the Axim forums, my push email no longer works since I have to change the option from "As Items Arrive" to "Manually."

Help? Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
Active sync is almost allways active on my 750 as well. Not a problem for me though. It does not use too much capacity for me to notice anything.

There might be a reg hack for it but you still would have problems with push email. It would then allways be set to manually and not automatic.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: That old "ActiveSync restarting itself" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw
Just picked up a 750 to play around with (contemplating a switch from Sprint) and I noticed that even after being closed with MagicButton and when disconnected from the PC, ActiveSync starts itself up every 5 minutes. I shut it down, it comes right back.

I searched and found no real solution to this issue. If I use the ancient "fix" from the Axim forums, my push email no longer works since I have to change the option from "As Items Arrive" to "Manually."

Help? Any ideas?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong: ActiveSync has to be running for push email to work - that's what it does. I never understood why some view is as a "problem"...
Old 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
Me neither some people however think that the PPC will become slower because of Active sync but that is not true.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: BB9700
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

jlaw is a n00b
It's just strange, because on my 700wx ActiveSync doesn't show up as running, but I get my push email. On my 750, it appears in the taskbar (I use MagicButton) ... of course it has to be running in the background for push mail to arrive, just wondering why it shows up on one but not the other.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You probably had activesync set up to "NOT SHOW WHEN INACTIVE" in magicbutton on the wx. Activesync always has to run, so when I used MB I set up activesync to "keep alive" also. Try that, it should solve your problem
Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
activesync shows up when you have the phone set up to get date/time from the network...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v