PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 750

GDC111449 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 750 (WM6) ICS problems on ATT 3G service

I'm trying to use unbranded Treo 750's w/ WM6 as 3g USB modem (connecting to XP machines) on ATT and having fits with ICS!

Actually bought first 750 and simply switched SIM from my old Treo 650 -- it connected great (no problems -- using USB/ICS setting on 750 -- via Active Sync drivers, I assume) and provided surprisingly good speeds.

So I purchased a second 750, and have been having fits ever since. Upgraded ATT account for existing Razor and switched ATT SIM from the Razor, expecting similar results. GRRRR!

Finally got second 750 going, by using USB/ATT setting in ICS app on phone, and it worked for a few connections. Then, it seemed like the connection process got corrupted/disturbed somehow -- because it wouldn't connect, giving error message to check USB cable on phone, and only showing the connection icon on XP when in the process of disconnecting from phone.

Trying to troubleshoot (yes, I'm a noob) I got both phones and two PC's together and tried various combos/settings, trying to figure it out. Eventually, the first 750 (which had always worked flawlessly) developed the same problem, and now I can't connect with either phone.

It makes me think some glitch has developed that requires a "hard reset" of some kind -- and I don't know how to do that. Have obviously done numerous soft resets on phones and reboots of XP PC's. Sure could use some assistance from brainier folks. Haven't found any on-point KB info. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v