PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: vodafone

ir803 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy new WM6 750V trouble

I've just got my new 750V from Vodafone with WM6 to replace the 750v i had with WM5 and already there are a lot of things different. With my old phone you could safely put it in your pocket with dialling anyone as you had to press a two key combination to unlock it, the new phone activates by pressing just one button and therefore always ends up coming out of my pocket asking who i want to call or text or trying to open a program. Is there a way of changing which key/keys turn the screen on?
next..I used hidelogo and vjtoday on WM5 but on WM6 hidelogo does nothing although I've seen screenshots by other people who seem to have it working??!!?? vjtoday rmoved the bottom bar BUT it comes back on its on every now and then for no reason.
I'm struggling to find anyone who has WM6 on a treo to helps with these issues.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hidelogo only works if you have "hide lookup field" checked. Probably where the problem is.

FOr the first issue, go to settings- keyguard and make sure it is set to "immediately after device is turned off" or something to that effect. I have not had either issue that you speak of
Old 12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ir803 is a n00b
Angry

Thanks for that, I must have done it on my old phone last year and forgotten about it, anyway it seems to be working now. I still have one niggle though and it's been happening all day and I can't find it in the instruction book. when a call comes in or I dial out just as the dialler or incoming window opens it is overlapped or closed by a small battery status pop up window which you have to manually close, this means you dial a number - the screen opens with the number and says "dialling" then the screen pops back to the today screen with this battery window. I started swearing at it because I thought it had cut me off when in fact the answer machine that picked up the call recorded every peotic word. luckily for me it was a mate. how do i rid myself of this little demon ??
Old 12-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Everyone used to think it was their faces hitting the screen while on a call, but I'm not so sure. Try disabling the touchscreen while on a call.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ir803 is a n00b
yep, disabling the touch screen on call is the first thing i did been cut off too many times when I had my first Treo. anyway the screen disabled warning comes up during calls, but this little battery window still pops up ??!!?? soooo annoying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v