PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
Software essentials

Just thought I would start a thread about what software people would use on their Treo.
I personnaly use SPB Pocketplus and SPB Weather.

Is there software out there that I must have? And why?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 PM
N00b

naftalim is a n00b
I am new to the WM as well. At first I tried a whole bunch of them, and quickly got rid of most of them. I find that simple is best. I use my Treo mostly for phone, contact and calendar.

I am using Pocket Informant, but the jury is still out on that one.
http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...p_id=pi&dir=wm

A Today screen enhancer is a good idea, there are many examples on this forum.

I am also using UI Tweaker for changing the color schemes, very simple and useful and free.
http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Tw...er-16493.shtml

I also am trying Wisbar Lite for its cascading menus, and Close buttoms.
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...od=WisBar+Lite

MemMaid seems like an essential little tool for memory clean-up
http://www.dinarsoft.com/index.html
Old 11-15-2006, 03:12 AM
Lurker

bcaslis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bcaslis
I recognize you two!

Take a look at the new Agenda One by DeveloperOne. It seems like a really good calendar replacement app. Not as big as Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion but with plenty of power. I already bought the new Pocket Informant Calendar but I might dump it and get Agenda One.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SpeedDemon is a n00b
LOL I recognize you as well!!!

Thanks for the links Naftalim! Will check them out!
Bcaslis will take a look at New Agenda. thx for the info.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:17 PM
uvz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael WM 6.5
Carrier: TIM

uvz is a n00b
not all essentials
but all the best

[url]http://www .pocketpcmag.com/awards /category_all_2006.asp[ /url]
Old 11-24-2006, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Thanx for the link. However it is not entirely correct. There are some blank spaces in the link.

Correct link is: http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/category_all_2006.asp
Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Lurker

cnssupport is a n00b
Must haves apps for the Treo 750....?

Must haves apps for the Treo 750....? OK, so the Treo 750 pocket PC phone is really a great productivity booster with mobile office, handwriting recogition (Transcriber or otherwise).

One of my personal favorites though is Audacity Digital Voice Recorder from www.audacityaudio.com. There are several versions including a free one which I am currently evaluating. Installation was hasslefree and u can assign one of the hardware buttons to Audacity. I reassigned the side button (which launches media player by default) to the app.

I have found this usefull in meetings, during hikes or in traffic to capture ideas etc. Audacity is very flexible and only takes a little time to really begin to use the program, I have also found that the tech support folks are very responsive.

Other apps I am using include memmaid, microsoft reader, LingvSoft free english- Spanish Dictionary and Bible reader from Olive Tree (although I am not using this nearly as much as I should). Anyway, that's my 10 cents.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Lurker

jrmccracken is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jrmccracken
What's on my 750v?

What’s on my Treo 750v?
1. Voice Command 1.6 – The upgrade is phenomenal especially when using BT, I wish it would respond over BT, as it did on my 8125 but that should be resolved soon.
2. SPB Pocket Plus – the Today Plugin doesn’t perform as well as Resco’s does with the smaller screen, but the soft reset on the close button up as well as safe mode on the boot menu make it worth the cost and it has a lot of other functionality.
3. SPB Backup- Excellent backup and restore functionality.
4. CoreCodec CorePlayer- plays all of the audio and video extensions that WMP refuses to support natively.
5. TomTom Navigator 6- Disable the today screen functionality, abd the screen is small but it gets you where you are going faster than anything else I have tested.
6. Cequint’s City ID- I love this functionality, I like knowing where a call is coming from if it isn’t in my contacts. It is definitely still beta and can crash the GWES Kernel, as kill your data connection, but it has been stable lately.
7. Exchange Activesync-This will shortly surpass Blackberry it is better than candy.
8. Microsoft Reader- Helps to read a book once in a while to keep the Mind awake.
9. OneNote Mobile- Still learning to use it, but it transfers data between Windows and the Treo better than Activesync.
10. Resco File Explorer- Including registry Plugin, gives you a superior registry Editor and and File Explorer.
11. Systemix Pocket Draw- If you are an Engineer, Architect, or Project Manager this works for making on the fly drawings when AutoCAD or Visio isn’t an Option.
12. NeFa Studio nfPencil2- Excellent inexpensive utility for writing on the screen.
13. David Andre’s Batti- Excellent OSD Battery Utility for monitoring Battery usage.
14. Adobe Flash Player – Excellent for playing flash files on the go.
15. Thunder WM5 Storage- Allows you to Map a Drive on your PC and use your Treo as a Mobile Drive, Totally invaluable.
16. Cambridge Vx Util – A holdover from my old Ipaq Days, but its funny what you can finding just browsing att’s Data Network.
In All I have about 200.00, invested in software besides my Tomtom, Having all this functionality with me 24/7, Invaluable. Of Course, As with my Blackberry, being soo readily available and being so connected is totally fracturing Psyche, I hope to be totally over the edge by summer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v